The little monkey

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Caught him red handed today, disk drawer open, taking his new CD out.

I hope this isn't the shape of things to come.

I guess I should be pleased, I've heard the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang soundtrack about 10 times already this week.

A

Anonymous

Do you need to tell us everything that goes on in your life?

Maybe doing something constructive might help.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
John Barlow:

Nice one Deirdre

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
bluenose:just be thankful he's not reading this forum or your hi-fi mags. $$$$$$$

You're right. Too true. My eldest has already asked if he can have the hifi when I've finished with it.

A

Anonymous

Yes he does. It's great to hear that other dads are going through the same phases with their kiddies that I'm going through. It makes me feel that I'm not a bad parent because my lad does something he's not supposed to if others are doing the same.

A

Anonymous

I suppoase I'm lucky that he doesn't really touch the hifi and stuff like that. Even with the Sky remote he ignores it or passes it to me to change channels etc. He had a couple of bad experiences early in life with an old receiver which had a pot style volume control. He turned the dial clockwise then turned it on. It was also set to tuner. Scared him big time. Now the tumble dryer and washing machine that's a different story.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
idc:Rather than ban my young'un, I trained him to respect the hifi and TV and showed him how to load DVDs and work everything. I have had no problems at all.

+1! my 3 year old loves to sing along and dance to music and I just explained to her that if she is not careful with it she could break it and may not be able to listen to her music. She is a bib too good at turning the volume down when daddy is playing it too loud though!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
idc:Rather than ban my young'un, I trained him to respect the hifi and TV and showed him how to load DVDs and work everything. I have had no problems at all.

Same here - if I leave the door open to the hi fi cabinet my techno-obsessed two-year-old boy doesn't go and fiddle with the kit - he actually insists on closing the door!

Mind you, I'm lucky enough to have Naim kit so perhaps the lack of buttons, lights and knobs makes it all less appealing!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:Daddy's toy. We had the conversation last night. He's allowed to do anything except touch the hifi.

I don't have to worry about CDs and my new amp doesn't have a volume dial - my eldest, 7, can put music on via the remote control and tv, with no danger to the equipment apart from the odd JLS track!

A

Anonymous

LOL! I like this thread.

When I was very young, I use to love playing Michael Jackson's ''Thriller'' LP on my father's Linn LP12 he had at the time. I would only play it when he's not at home.

I was very naughty when I was young.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
JohnDuncan:John Barlow:

I am on holiday. Shall I tell you where I've been?

No John, I've told you before, you should be relaxing in the sunshine, glass in hand, and not hanging about in here!
emotion-22.gif

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:John Barlow:

Nice one Deirdre

Ha Ha Ha Just noticed the edit. The directors cut was shorter but more apt.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
John Barlow:

Ouch, that's a little bit harsh.........

Joel knows more about HiFi than i'll ever know in my lifetime, so a little insight is harmless........

In anyway, my little one's are cool with my budget gear, ever since I got a Logitech 555 there amazed that it will turn on/off everything at the touch of a button.....

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Just make sure there are no overwritable media, with sacred memories on, that the little monkey might put in the writable machine and zap your fondest recollections. Once you teach them one thing, it's amazing how much they teach themselves.(deliberately or ingenuously)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
NSYGrinner:JoelSim:John Barlow:

Nice one Deirdre

Ha Ha Ha Just noticed the edit. The directors cut was shorter but more apt.

It was.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts