The belt of my Pro-ject Audio Primary E seems to be faulty

filipplord

Mar 16, 2021
Visit site
Hello all!
I recently brought an Primary E turntable from a local dealer brand new, I did ofcourse go through the process of unboxing it and nothing seemed out of place, I did however find the belt supplied with my turntable to have a certain weak point, I realised that because a point seemed to be whiter than the normal black colour of the rest of the belt, and it seemed to be glued together, I did listen to a record and it seemed to be playing extremely well, next day I wake up and find the belt had been cut at the mentioned weakpoint, I have provided a photo of the cut belt,
My question is this: Can this be a factory malfunction, or did the retailer use the product and then sold it as new with the old belt? If it is a factory malfunction do I have to ask for a new turntable? or will a replacement belt suffice?
Please take a look at the attached photo,
Thanks in advance!
Philipp

Attachments

• 20210411_124547.jpg
    20210411_124547.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 14

Shadowfax

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Hello all!
I recently brought an Primary E turntable from a local dealer brand new, I did ofcourse go through the process of unboxing it and nothing seemed out of place, I did however find the belt supplied with my turntable to have a certain weak point, I realised that because a point seemed to be whiter than the normal black colour of the rest of the belt, and it seemed to be glued together, I did listen to a record and it seemed to be playing extremely well, next day I wake up and find the belt had been cut at the mentioned weakpoint, I have provided a photo of the cut belt,
My question is this: Can this be a factory malfunction, or did the retailer use the product and then sold it as new with the old belt? If it is a factory malfunction do I have to ask for a new turntable? or will a replacement belt suffice?
Please take a look at the attached photo,
Thanks in advance!
Philipp

I would think that it's the dealer's fault if it had been a demo and didn't tell you. It's a warranty issue anyway; the dealer can just give you a new belt. I'm sure he stocks them, and they're worth approximately $11.00 in the U.S.

camcroft

The belt looks like its been joined together using heat. I have seen this done in the food industry on production lines that carry products along the line. Hence the grey marks on both ends.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts