• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

The belt of my Pro-ject Audio Primary E seems to be faulty

filipplord

Mar 16, 2021
Hello all!
I recently brought an Primary E turntable from a local dealer brand new, I did ofcourse go through the process of unboxing it and nothing seemed out of place, I did however find the belt supplied with my turntable to have a certain weak point, I realised that because a point seemed to be whiter than the normal black colour of the rest of the belt, and it seemed to be glued together, I did listen to a record and it seemed to be playing extremely well, next day I wake up and find the belt had been cut at the mentioned weakpoint, I have provided a photo of the cut belt,
My question is this: Can this be a factory malfunction, or did the retailer use the product and then sold it as new with the old belt? If it is a factory malfunction do I have to ask for a new turntable? or will a replacement belt suffice?
Please take a look at the attached photo,
Thanks in advance!
Philipp

Attachments

Shadowfax

Mar 20, 2021
Hello all!
I recently brought an Primary E turntable from a local dealer brand new, I did ofcourse go through the process of unboxing it and nothing seemed out of place, I did however find the belt supplied with my turntable to have a certain weak point, I realised that because a point seemed to be whiter than the normal black colour of the rest of the belt, and it seemed to be glued together, I did listen to a record and it seemed to be playing extremely well, next day I wake up and find the belt had been cut at the mentioned weakpoint, I have provided a photo of the cut belt,
My question is this: Can this be a factory malfunction, or did the retailer use the product and then sold it as new with the old belt? If it is a factory malfunction do I have to ask for a new turntable? or will a replacement belt suffice?
Please take a look at the attached photo,
Thanks in advance!
Philipp
I would think that it's the dealer's fault if it had been a demo and didn't tell you. It's a warranty issue anyway; the dealer can just give you a new belt. I'm sure he stocks them, and they're worth approximately $11.00 in the U.S.

filipplord

Mar 16, 2021
The thing is, it should have not been a demo unit, if it was I have and will ask for a full replacement of the product with a brand new one...

camcroft

Jan 12, 2012
The belt looks like its been joined together using heat. I have seen this done in the food industry on production lines that carry products along the line. Hence the grey marks on both ends.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts