Technics SB-C700 review

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I am totally confused about the review of the SB-C700 in WHF. According to this review, the speakers are really bad compared to their rivals. In Stereophile however they are classified in Class A of their recommended components. That is the highest ranking possible. Other magazines also rate the SB-C700 very high.

How can it be that 1 magazine rates certain speakers as really bad (2 stars) while other magazines rate the same speakers as very good (recommended components Class A)?

I have never seen such a big contradiction in reviews. Did WHF receive a 'bad' pair?

ErwinC said:
I am totally confused about the review of the SB-C700 in WHF. According to this review, the speakers are really bad compared to their rivals. In Stereophile however they are classified in Class A of their recommended components. That is the highest ranking possible. Other magazines also rate the SB-C700 very high.

How can it be that 1 magazine rates certain speakers as really bad (2 stars) while other magazines rate the same speakers as very good (recommended components Class A)?

I have never seen such a big contradiction in reviews. Did WHF receive a 'bad' pair?

Could it be most of the excellent reviews were American? :)

I think the main gripe was the price, I wonder how WhatHiFi will rate the new Elac B6.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts