admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, been decorating and I've come across my old box full of tapes - forgot all about them! I've come over all nostalgic but of course I no longer have a tape deck...

A quick look on E-bay has resulted in quite a choice under £40 which I think is enough for what I want. The problem is I know about as much about tapre decks as i do about quantum physics. I've sort of shortlisted Denon, Teac and technics. I guess I dont need a twin tape deck but does anyone have any guide lines of what I should be looking for or avoiding?

Thanks

matthewpiano

I'd suggest looking at the Yamaha KX-580 and Aiwa AD-F810. Both excellent decks. The '580 is a fantastic piece of kit if you find a good one.

Technics wise I've got an RS-BX501 which is pretty good, but the Yamahas and Aiwas are better decks IMO.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feed back, couple of yahamas on the bay will give them a go

cheers

T

the record spot

Aiwa ADF-850, just gave mine away to a charity shop in Edinburgh a couple of weeks back. Great deck, great sound, fine build, five star test winner I think, if not an award winner (it was out the same time as the Yammy KX-580SE) but £230 well spent in the early 90s. Still played a treat when I tested it the other week.

A

Anonymous

you missed a really good one that ended yesterday on ebay ...

A Pioneer CT-91a Reference three head cassette deck ... ebay item 170383083183 ... sold for £108 .... a really good bargain as these were highly regarded ....

I would also consider a Nakamitchi (not the dragon as those cost loads)

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Pioneer or Technics all the way in Cassette decks, the best ones I have come across are the Pioneer CTW-506DR and the TEchnics RS-x502.

The odd Sony deck I don't mind but cannot remember the models!

Can both be found on the 'bay for way less than £40 including postage.

Even though my fav is the 506DR RIGHT NOW on the 'bay there is an 806DR sitting for less than £40!!! Check it out!

A

Anonymous

Another vote here for the Yamaha KX580 - with play trim, record trim and Dolby S all set it sounds wonderful and is very well made - a really solid piece of kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts