Taking in Current HiFi for auditions

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Had my system for years now, over 15, and i do love it......however it feels like something is missing. Soundstage, bass and treble are all amazing, i just feel like the mid range is clouded every now and again. Could be the recordings, but seems to be more prevalent that not. Some real good CDs like Dire Straits are superb, cant be faulted, but a lot of other CDs seem slightly clouded.

Was thinking about taking my system down to a local HiFi and swapping over the amp, then the speakers and see if just swapping one makes a difference.....is this a normal thing to do? Could be a real bind for me though as my floorstanders weigh a tonne.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Most people don't do it, mainly because of the number of boxes and/or size of the speakers/weight of the boxes. However quite a few people have done over the years, so a store wouldn't (shouldn't) see it as "abnormal".

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
yeah its going to be tricky to take my speakers about 1000 yards from the car park to the HiFi shops, its hard enough lifting one at a time lol (although removing the sand fill would help). Might just take the Amp in and do some back to back testing with other amps and some QA3050's as im contemplating them anyway.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
philpot1001 said:
yeah its going to be tricky to take my speakers about 1000 yards from the car park to the HiFi shops, its hard enough lifting one at a time lol (although removing the sand fill would help). Might just take the Amp in and do some back to back testing with other amps and some QA3050's as im contemplating them anyway.
Mission 733is don't weight that much - get the staff to carry them for you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts