Tacima CS929 - really silly question (probably)...

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I have a feeling this might be a silly question but I'm really not sure.

To get the benefits of the Tacima mains conditioner does it need to be plugged directly into the mains socket or does it matter if it is plugged into another regular extension lead first?

I.e. wall socket to regular extension lead into which the Tacima is plugged into. My TV, DVD etc is then plugged into the Tacima.

Cheers

Sliced Bread

I could be wrong here, but I've always been told never to add an extension socket to another extension socket. Something to do with overloading or fire or something else.

Can anyone know if that is true?

Sliced Bread

"Use cords that are long enough. Do not plug one extension cord into another extension cord. Cords are manufactured to a certain length and load, meeting strict guidelines. Extension cords with multiple receptacles should never have other extension cords plugged into them. Plan your use of extension cords with holiday fire safety in mind so you do not overload the cords"

Apparently you can overload the cable, which can melt the plastic and start a fire.
http://www.helium.com/items/1267448-holiday-fire-safety-extension-cord-safety-extension-cord-holiday-safety

Please be careful mate :O)

sensei_russ

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm sticking to just the Tacima for now as it just manages to reach from the plug to all of my hi-fi/av gear. Shame Tacima don't make a white version though, then it would match my skirting board...

I'm one of those people that tends to switch everything off when I go out and unplug everything when I'm on holiday. Thanks for the info though John, I appreciate it.

Russell

A

Anonymous

JohnNewman:"Use cords that are long enough. Do not plug one extension cord into another extension cord. Cords are manufactured to a certain length and load, meeting strict guidelines. Extension cords with multiple receptacles should never have other extension cords plugged into them. Plan your use of extension cords with holiday fire safety in mind so you do not overload the cords"

Apparently you can overload the cable, which can melt the plastic and start a fire.
http://www.helium.com/items/1267448-holiday-fire-safety-extension-cord-safety-extension-cord-holiday-safety

That website is wrong, as long as you stay within the fuse ratings with low current stuff like a TV or Hifi there's nothing dangerous or wrong with plugging one extension into another one.

Sliced Bread

Grimly Fiendish:
JohnNewman:"Use cords that are long enough. Do not plug one extension cord into another extension cord. Cords are manufactured to a certain length and load, meeting strict guidelines. Extension cords with multiple receptacles should never have other extension cords plugged into them. Plan your use of extension cords with holiday fire safety in mind so you do not overload the cords"

That website is wrong, as long as you stay within the fuse ratings with low current stuff like a TV or Hifi there's nothing dangerous or wrong with plugging one extension into another one.

Ah...goodo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts