Tacima 6 Way Mains -

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
need a bit of help;

i had a dodgy figure of 8 mains cable plugged into my sky box which was running off the tacima. the sky box was not working so i fiddled with the power cable and my house electricity tripped and smoke appeared briefly from the back of the sky box. the tacima will now not power any equipment and i can only assume i have blown the fuse inside. my questions are thus:

1) do you think I have done major damage to the tacima and should i get a new one?

2) if it's ok, does anyone know what screwdriver i need to open it up and change the fuse (if poss).

thanks in advance.

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
simonNFL:
need a bit of help;

i had a dodgy figure of 8 mains cable plugged into my sky box which was running off the tacima. the sky box was not working so i fiddled with the power cable and my house electricity tripped and smoke appeared briefly from the back of the sky box. the tacima will now not power any equipment and i can only assume i have blown the fuse inside. my questions are thus:

1) do you think I have done major damage to the tacima and should i get a new one?

2) if it's ok, does anyone know what screwdriver i need to open it up and change the fuse (if poss).

thanks in advance.

If it was me, no question, change it, 40 pounds for piece of mind.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
dirtydean:simonNFL:

need a bit of help;

thanks in advance.

If it was me, no question, change it, 40 pounds for piece of mind.

Or less here

A

Anonymous

cheers for the good price.

think i'll get a new one and try and fix the other one and just use it as a backup. no help with the screwdriver i take it?

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
simonNFL,

Did you say smoke appeared briefly from the rear of the sky box?

If thats the case I would strongly advise you to get a sky engineer to look at it!!!!!!!!

Only saying this as I am a fire fighter and have seen many fires due to damaged electrical devices etc.

You have probably blown the fuse in the Tacima that should be replaceable but I would just replace it with a new one.

A

Anonymous

dont worry. the smoke came from the connectors caused by the figure of 8 connection being ***. smoke did not come out of the box itself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts