system match or not?

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
As I understand it you sometimes get better performance when system matching two products (such as combining the Sony BDPS550 and Sony STRDA2400ES).

But if I bought products from different manufacturers but these individual items were more expensive (lets say Panasonic DMPBD50 and Yamaha AX863SE) would I get a noticeably better performance compared to system matching?

I will be waiting a couple of months to see how the blu-ray supertests go and how the new wave of amp/receivers fare (I've only used last years products in my examples to make the comparison easier)

Many thanks

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm no expert in this, but ...

I don't know whether just getting two products from the same manufacturer always constitutes system matching. They may have similar traits, and thus not be great candidates for system matching where one element needs to balance a deficiency in another.

In general, though, if buying two more expensive components, unless they were poor for their price, or mismatched, I don't think it'd be so likely that a cheaper matched pair were as good or better.

Howeevr, it's always worthwhile demoing different combinations to see what's best for you.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Matching componets does'nt really matter as you don't gain anything that way it normally confuses remote controllers and sync problems, the two Sony products are both good and will get replaced by newer models soon, Also if you buy a Panasonic blu-ray player you won't find a Panasonic av amp, so just concentrate on matching the right amp with speakers and you can add any of the current and up incoming budget blu-ray players for a great system.

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys - as I said will be waiting for the reviews of this years blu-ray players and amps before purchasing

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts