System at 2nd March 2012

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Parlour: STEREO - (a) Thorens TD160S/SME3S/Shure M95HE (b) Pioneer CLD-1050 CD and Laserdisc player (c) Harman-Kardon HK990 (d) Eltax S-35 speakers (also used as front speakers for the 11.1) AV SYSTEM - (e) Denon 4810 (f) Denon 4010 (g) Sony XHD995 DVD recorder (hh) Humax Freesat HDR (i) Samsung PS64D8000 (jj) Sony TA-FB930R stereo amp (k) Other speakers: Centre, KEF Cresta 20c; Surround, Eltax Symphony 8.4; Front wide, Eltax Monitor 3; Front High, TDL Mini-Monitor; Surround Back, Yamaha NX-E130; Subwoofer, SVS PC-12 Plus

Kitchen: 8.2 AV system (l) Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 (m) Oppo BDP-95EU (n) Yamaha RX-V1067 (only £500!!, and gorgeous two-tone black/titanium finish) (o) Sony TA-3650 stereo amp (p) Speakers: Biamped front, Eltax Shine 8 and Yamaha NX-E130; Eltax Symphony Centre; Surround, Eltax Symphony 6.4; single Surround back, Yamaha NX-C130; Subwoofers, Tannoy TS12 X 2

Bedroom: only 5.1! (q) Panasonic DMP-BD80 (r) Yamaha RX-V671 (ss) Pioneer PDP-428XD (t) Speakers: Eltax S-34 front, Eltax Symphony center, Eltax Symphony 6.3 rear, Tannoy TS-12 subwoofer - yes, it's my third TS12!

All stereo pairs of "floorstanding" loudspeakers are on Atacama SL200, SL300 or SL400 stands. Front height parlour loudspeakers on Apollo A4/7 stands, on Apollo A4/9 stands, on the window-sill! Multiple HDMI and analogue A/V splitters, switches, leads and connections between all three rooms.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I would have to tidy up quite a bit first before taking pictures, not to mention wallpapering about 10 square metres (caused by a leak from the flat above into my bedroom) ......

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I am curious to see how an 8.2 AV set up looks in the kitchen!

The Mrs must have the same hobby. For me, only a pair of Logitech speakers connected to an Airport Express.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I have no wife, and any girlfriend would have to operate on the "love me, love my home cinemas" principle.

I'll try to get some pictures of the kitchen system taken by the end of March. Note though that the two Yamaha speakers that are connected to the biamp terminals of the reciever are VERY small, only about the size of my hand.

With the help of Mr Andrew Everard of What Hi-Fi, I am about to have only a single line as my signature, with a link to the details in the "My system" section.

I notice that you and I have the Oppo BDP 95-EU in common! I couldn't quite stretch to your Yamaha RX-V2067 in August 2011, so I had to make do with its junior sibling, the RX-V1067, which right now is probably my single favourite home cinema item.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
That's the best signature ever! I think you should keep it like it is.

You've got plenty of of nice kit there. I can't wait to see the photos. If you post some pictures straight away then I promise not to comment on the wallpaper or the mess. :)

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
I have no wife, and any girlfriend would have to operate on the "love me, love my home cinemas" principle.

I'll try to get some pictures of the kitchen system taken by the end of March. Note though that the two Yamaha speakers that are connected to the biamp terminals of the reciever are VERY small, only about the size of my hand.

With the help of Mr Andrew Everard of What Hi-Fi, I am about to have only a single line as my signature, with a link to the details in the "My system" section.

I notice that you and I have the Oppo BDP 95-EU in common! I couldn't quite stretch to your Yamaha RX-V2067 in August 2011, so I had to make do with its junior sibling, the RX-V1067, which right now is probably my single favourite home cinema item.

Aaaaahhhh the blissful life of singlehood...

Yes the 2067 and Oppo were the highlights for me in 2011. They do make a great combo.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Chebby! just a little more clarification would that be what is now known as a reception room? have to ask i still have the inquisetive (can't spell) nature of a child. your never to old to learn i think. ps i think i should have asked do you live in england. i think op lives in America the word parlour sounds american to me. i am just curious.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
kevin7.1 said:
Thanks Chebby! just a little more clarification would that be what is now known as a reception room? have to ask i still have the inquisetive (can't spell) nature of a child.

Got a library card?

Go here... http://www.oed.com/loginpage

Enter your card number where it says 'Library card login'.

Now you have free access to the online (and therefore searchable and most up-to-date) equivalent of the full 20 volume OED.

kevin7.1 said:
Thanks Chebby! just a little more clarification would that be what is now known as a reception room? have to ask i still have the inquisetive (can't spell) nature of a child. your never to old to learn i think. ps i think i should have asked do you live in england. i think op lives in America the word parlour sounds american to me. i am just curious.

Quick check without worrying about cards.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reception+room

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts