System arrived....and now?!? :)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:
Indeed...and in my opinion sounds great!!! Maybe 2x50W (at 8 ohm) is not enough? I might want to upgrade in the future for this reason? What do you think?

The Denon I tried also was I think 2x90W or something like that...

Don't get caught up in the "power rating" of amps, as specs alone can be misleading. If you are getting a sound that you love, at your regular listening volume.....sit back and enjoy and ignore the "itch" to change. If you like Vincent amps, when you eventually do change, it may well be one of these very excellent amps, that you should consider. They do tubes and hybrid (I think) as well.

Yes you are right...I really love the sound of this amp indeed! Really would like to try it at higher volume but I can't...do you know this German brand of amps? It sounded "stronger" than the Denon I tried (which unfortunately do not remember the model but was priced at 899 euro whilst mine at 699...but I bough at 499 cz was the demo!)...and I listened it carefully sitting on that armchair for a while and switching amongst the 2 amps (speaker I decided straight away!!!)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Yes you are right...I really love the sound of this amp indeed! Really would like to try it at higher volume but I can't...do you know this German brand of amps? It sounded "stronger" than the Denon I tried (which unfortunately do not remember the model but was priced at 899 euro whilst mine at 699...but I bough at 499 cz was the demo!)...and I listened it carefully sitting on that armchair for a while and switching amongst the 2 amps (speaker I decided straight away!!!)

I am very aware of Vincent amps and have only heard them briefly. They are exceedingly musical, and their amps have been very well reviewed by the likes of Stereophile Magazine.

You have chosen well, and imo your system is very nicely balanced......so it's no wonder that it sounds well. Synergy of a system is not always easy to achieve intuitively, and is very easy to spoil with a badly judged change of componant......sometimes what looks good "on paper", doesn't work in practice.

To understand where and how to improve your system, requires living with it for a reasonable period of time.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

I am very aware of Vincent amps and have only heard them briefly. They are exceedingly musical, and their amps have been very well reviewed by the likes of Stereophile Magazine. You have chosen well, and imo your system is very nicely balanced......so it's no wonder that it sounds well. Synergy of a system is not always easy to achieve intuitively, and is very easy to spoil with a badly judged change of componant......sometimes what looks good "on paper", doesn't work in practice. To understand where and how to improve your system, requires living with it for a reasonable period of time.

You are so right, that's why I didn't read that much before buying but just went there and chose by listening carefully...speakers were an easy choice...I tried the MA bronze, the Triangle and the Silver...didn't even ask to connect the others because they were out of my league for now....I didn't plan to spend this much on speakers but they were so MUCH better than the Bronze and definitely better than Traingle as well that I couldn't resist....

For ampli was a bit trickier...the vendor showed to me this Vincent ampli to be honest...and he said in his opinion was great ratio quality/price. So I started to compare with all the others around, Marantz, Arcam, Denon...and to my ears really sounded better...then added a DAC as well since my source would be mainly pc/iphone/ipad...and I ended up spending twice the budget!!! But worth every penny...

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
acalex said:
would like to put volume a bit higher but it's late...damn! Whenever I will buy my own flat I want something isolated to play my music at a proper volume level :rockout:

I am playing now at volume level equal to 1 (on a scale from 0 to 10) and it's already enough for 11 o clock... :).

Your speakers have a 90dB sensitivity so they should go quite loud but be carful not to over do it though. If you hear any sort of distortion, clipping or hardening of the sound then you should turn it down a bit or risk damaging the speakers.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
acalex said:
would like to put volume a bit higher but it's late...damn! Whenever I will buy my own flat I want something isolated to play my music at a proper volume level :rockout:

I am playing now at volume level equal to 1 (on a scale from 0 to 10) and it's already enough for 11 o clock... :).

Your speakers have a 90dB sensitivity so they should go quite loud but be carful not to over do it though. If you hear any sort of distortion, clipping or hardening of the sound then you should turn it down a bit or risk damaging the speakers.

Steve, thanks for the advice!!! I don't think I can go over half scale anyway cz I live in a building and I am not sure people around would appreciate that much! :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
You might be interested in this thread, especially from post No.34... here:
http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/cyrus-6xp-or-leema-pulse-for-rs6?page=2

acalex said:
Well, thanks a lot guys!!! I just finished to listen to the Ode to Joy...amazing...

....If you have some other songs please feel free to propose...it's like I was born again !!! :D

You might like some sinppets of Verdi's Requiem. It is also a choral work.

I went to Birmingham's Symphony Hall last night to hear the opening concert of the new season (City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, conductor Andris Nelsons). The Verdi was the only work on the programme (it lasts about 85 minutes).

I felt that I needed some live music to keep my hearing on track, and listening to this vast piece reminded me what a great trick good hi-fi is. It is impossible to accurately reproduce an enourmous orchestra, organ, huge choir, and four soloists, at home. But you can create a reasonable illusion, and - ideally - transport the listener to the venue (not, as people often say "It was like he was playing in my living room"!).

The dynamic range was colossal. Whispered choir :shhh: to everyone playing full tilt, with that huge orchestral drum sound too.

Anyway, it will give any system a workout!

A

Anonymous

Try the soundtrack to "Requiem for a Dream" - should sound great on those speakers, great bassline.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
You might be interested in this thread, especially from post No.34... here: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/cyrus-6xp-or-leema-pulse-for-rs6?page=2

Great thread, thanks a lot!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts