Question Swapping an integrated amp for a headphone amp + dac combo

Impavid

Oct 31, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking to swap out my integrated amp to a headphone amp + DAC since I do not have any speakers to run (plus it uses loads of electricity and space). The amp I currently have is an old Technics SU-V300 (using the integrated DAC in my PC). I am looking to replace it with Schiit Fulla 4.

The headphones I have are Beyerdynamics DT770 32Ohm.

Since I do not have much equipment to test with or anything to compare to, I am wondering how much of an upgrade that would be? Also, I cannot find any specs of the SU-V300 related to the headphone output. I found that Fulla 4 can deliver 200mW @ 32Ohm which is double the max input of DT770, but I don't have a reference point of what the Technics can deliver.

EDIT: I am opet to other amp + dac combo suggestions in the similar price range if you have any. €100-150 in Europe is max I can do.

Last edited:

Gray

Hello,

I am looking to swap out my integrated amp to a headphone amp + DAC since I do not have any speakers to run (plus it uses loads of electricity and space). The amp I currently have is an old Technics SU-V300 (using the integrated DAC in my PC). I am looking to replace it with Schiit Fulla 4.

The headphones I have are Beyerdynamics DT770 32Ohm.

Since I do not have much equipment to test with or anything to compare to, I am wondering how much of an upgrade that would be? Also, I cannot find any specs of the SU-V300 related to the headphone output. I found that Fulla 4 can deliver 200mW @ 32Ohm which is double the max input of DT770, but I don't have a reference point of what the Technics can deliver.

EDIT: I am opet to other amp + dac combo suggestions in the similar price range if you have any. €100-150 in Europe is max I can do.
You are likely to notice a worthwhile difference.
Have a read of this:

Reactions: Impavid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts