Surprised by Eminem Recovery

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
wasn't sure what was going to think of this but was like £7 in ASDA so thought would give it a go and its actually a solid album and sounds pretty good aswell

was a little bored today so picked up a few albums so to go this afternoon is adele, Arcade fire, Bruno Mars, Eliza Doolitlle Paloma Faith - thats my afternoon sorted

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
The Eliza doolittle album, is one of those where you love it the first time you hear it, but becomes boring and a little bit irritating by the third listen. It's uber-cheerful pop, which is great, as long as it has variety within it to keep your interest. Doolittle's album doesn't have that variety, which is a shame, 'cos the girl can sing. The two singles, 'Skinny Genes' and 'Pack up' were cute pop songs, but to have a whole album of those cute 'cheepy cheep' songs, with nothing of substance in between to break it up, meant it was just too sacharine for me. For home listening, anyway. I'm sure it'd be a perfect album for cruising on a hot, summers day

If you're after a female pop album, Pixie Lott's album is very good. Get the 'Turn it up Louder', version and you'll get some bonus tracks of her having a fair crack at some cover versions. Her rendition of Kings Of Leon's 'Use Somebody' is actually pretty good.

Messiah

matengawhat:
wasn't sure what was going to think of this but was like £7 in ASDA so thought would give it a go and its actually a solid album and sounds pretty good aswell

was a little bored today so picked up a few albums so to go this afternoon is adele, Arcade fire, Bruno Mars, Eliza Doolitlle Paloma Faith - thats my afternoon sorted

Recovery is a great album.

Although this does not fit in with your thread about saving money!
emotion-4.gif

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Messiah:matengawhat:

Recovery is a great album.

Although this does not fit in with your thread about saving money!
emotion-4.gif

nope but not done it for a little while and other half is away this weekend and since she is investing all my spare cash in the wedding fund (all booked for next spring) I felt i deserved it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts