Surfing eBay and the consequences

Passing time, placing the odd bid, searching for kit I don’t need. You know the score. Then, all of a sudden you see something really cool that causes you to make some questionable decisions.

Should I sell my speakers? Can I put together the money to buy the item? Can I tell the wife? That’s a big one, cos I’m using her account! All of a sudden, I’m trying to work out how I’m gonna sneak a new pair of speakers home, without causing holy hell

the goods in question , a pair of Triangle Delta Speakers . Wow they look so nice

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
There is no way you could sneak them in

A few weeks ago I brought a set of tannoy precision 6.1 and sneaked them in
My wife never noticed the change from q acoustics
So I told her today

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
There is no way you could sneak them in

A few weeks ago I brought a set of tannoy precision 6.1 and sneaked them in
My wife never noticed the change from q acoustics
So I told her today

I will be in need of your expert advise sir...quite soon :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Andrewjvt said:
newlash09 said:
Hifi's enemies list :

1. Wife
2. Wallet
3. Walls

1. Wife
2. Wallet
3.walls
4. Snake oil salesmen

But I like the mysticism that snake oil brings to the hobby. There would be no fun if 2+2 always equalled 4 :)

If the crystals don't give you the upgrade you expected/promised sitting on top of your speakers you can always take them with you to yoga classes

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I think ebay is definately leading me astray. I'm often too lazy / tight for time to go for demos and just think if i can buy something secondhand on ebay at the right price i can sell it on at no loss if I don't like it.

Hi fi certainly has some snake oil and mysticism. I find the mystique and the technology of high end electronics very sexy, especially if i think i'm getting a good deal too !

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I envy your spending power if you can buy what were £4,500 speakers and still live in some hope that the Mrs won't notice, cos presumably they still won't be [my idea of] cheap. I'd not even get away with £45 disappearing out the bank without her noticing.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
I envy your spending power if you can buy what were £4,500 speakers and still live in some hope that the Mrs won't notice, cos presumably they still won't be [my idea of] cheap. I'd not even get away with £45 disappearing out the bank without her noticing.

I bet she can't see the point as it all sounds the same to her, lol.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blimey.

Have you heard and lusted after Triangles....or was it a total implulse buy based on looks....they are certainly on the same "sonic spectrum" as Focal, if a bit livelier.

Enjoy.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
BigH said:
MajorFubar said:

I bet she can't see the point as it all sounds the same to her, lol.

My wife likes both the look and sound of my concept 40's compared to the PMC. I keep trying to educate her, though she insists that her ears are a better judge than knowledge :)

Plan was to sell the concept40's after getting the PMC's. But my wife won't let me take them out the door..

I honestly believe the concept 40's are a engineering marvel for 1000 pounds. Sadly qacoustics don't have the high end brand power as of now, but I bet if I were in UK, I would buy the armour group stocks in a jiffy :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts