Subwoofer placement

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello Everyone

More equipment placement questions. After relocating my AV gear to an in wall set up I'll be left with a 50cm x 50cm x 50cm "hole" in my cabinet. The hole goes down to the floor and is covered above by a 2cm thick piece of granite (extends either side over the cabinets).

My RSW 12 subwoofer will fit easily and would look good, would the sound suffer being inside this "box"?

Thanks.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
camdxr said:
Hello Everyone

More equipment placement questions. After relocating my AV gear to an in wall set up I'll be left with a 50cm x 50cm x 50cm "hole" in my cabinet. The hole goes down to the floor and is covered above by a 2cm thick piece of granite (extends either side over the cabinets).

My RSW 12 subwoofer will fit easily and would look good, would the sound suffer being inside this "box"?

Thanks.

Would have thought so, as you are placing the sub in a box and as such will create all sorts boominess and "flob" ( for want of a better word), corners are normally very bad so a 3 sided "corner" would be worse.

I have my sub in a corner but 25cms clear on the two sides and sounds excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts