Subwoofer Help !

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I am in the need of some advice. I turned on my system this morning and after a while the sub developed a buzzing / humming sound when it was active. The sub is a Moniter Audio RSW12, fed from a Sony STR-DA5400 av receiver. The sub was on auto so it only buzzes / humms when active. When i checked all the connections, everything was fine . When i disconnect the cable from the av receiver to the sub it still buzzes / humms, so it is not the cable or receiver. Any advice guys ? Thanks.

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi David,

Thanks for replying.

Correct, it humms with just the mains cable in. but only when it`s active. If you turn on the sub but have the switch set to auto or off, no humming, but as soon as you flick the switch to on it starts humming.

Thanks.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Not off hand, but there's plenty of dealers about, so there should be one not too far away. Check the Monitor Audio website, as you'll be able to search for a list of local dealers with that :)

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi David,

I have contacted Monitor Audio through their website. I will wait to see what they say about the problem, as the sub is only 2 years old.

Once again Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts