subwoofer for Monitor Audio GS10?

Kevin Stephens

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm very please with my system, but wonder if I would enjoy extra bass by adding a sub, For some musinc the benefit would be obvious, Led Zem Immigrand Song, classical organ music etc. I'm wondering how much improvement I would get accross the rest of my classical/ rock / feamle vocal etc music

I'm tempted by some good offers on the MA RSW12 but wonder how well the extra frequency response would graft onto my existing speakers to give a seamless sound. Does anyone have any direct experience of this?

No worries over my amp, which has pre-amp outputs

Thanks for any advice and comments

A

Anonymous

Hi, i have the RWS12 sub--v.good sub, you can adjust where the sub comes in, HOWEVER, wish I'd spent more and got a sub with a remote. ebay is knee deep in 2nd hand subs, I'd get a good 2nd hand sub with a remote--its a super pain having to get up and tip the sub forward to adjust various settings. also, the rsw12 is very big-large footprint.

cheers.

i took someones advise from this forum and had the woofer facing down--the bass was so much better and deeper and old school blues partyish, BUT, then the behind bit is on top and looks ugly and messy with the wires and whatnot.

A

Anonymous

Id try the RSW12 if you are on a budget, otherwise look at the GSX12 as it has better quality in the low frequencies that will match your speakers better.

When looking for a sub you would definately be looking at a sealed enclosure as the MA GS range is well controlled and a clean sounding speaker and probably lacks a slight bit of punch which can be gained by a good clean sealed subwoofer.Sealed imo is always the way to go for music unless you are using fancy DSP and/or EQ systems for your low frequency management.

Best of luck & let us know how you get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts