Question Subwoofer connection

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Bought 2 Monitor Audio W10 subwoofers to connect to a Denon x3500h receiver.

Could anyone advise which combination wires I should be looking into?
Monitor Audio website lists connections as: -
Connections - 2 x Stereo RCA, 1 x LFE RCA connection, 12V trigger (3.5 mm mono mini-jack)

Apologies for the noob question. Thanks for any info.

Additionally, in the long term these will be connected to an old Denon 2311 receiver which supports 7.1 rather than 7.2.
Is there anyway this amp could support both subs?

michael hoy

Hi,
Use the LFE input if using an AVR, I don't think that sub has a line out so you would not be able to daisy chain the 2 together for use on the 2311.
You could use a Mini DSP 2x4 HD but may not be worth it for a short period of time. You could always sell it on though.

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info - could you possibly recommend some cables in the £30-£40 mark suitable for the sub?

Connecting it to the denon 2311 sounds slightly complicated, what would I exactly be looking to do on this front?

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi, 2m should suffice.

I'm working on two home cinema systems of different spec atm, both budget conscious. Will ask about the second once I have this sub situation sorted lol.

Thanks again.

michael hoy

Glad you are happy with the service from Mark.
I'm sure the product will be of satisfaction as well.
Please note I am not affiliated with the company in any way. He was recommended to me and being a happy customer I have no issues with recommending him to others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts