Subscription Offer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

Can anyone tell me what the subscriber offer is in the new issue? I've been waiting to subscribe for months but am waiting for a good offer.

A

Anonymous

sobeitjedi:
Hi.

Can anyone tell me what the subscriber offer is in the new issue? I've been waiting to subscribe for months but am waiting for a good offer.

No I wont tell you - buy your own copy like the rest of us.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a combination gift/discount offer - so you get a free, Award-winning QED Profile HDMI cable plus save 16% off the cover price.

Details on p34-35 of the new issue, which is in shops tomorrow
emotion-2.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes - all subscription issues were posted out last Friday. However - as noted on other threads - the Royal Mail has said that the weather conditions may affect distribution and delivery.

Apologies for that, but outside our control.

Seems many subscribers have had their copies, so thank you for your continued patience.

If it's any consolation, I subscribe to a weekly magazine that's supposed to arrive on Tuesdays - last week it didn't arrive at all; this week it still isn't here. I suspect Royal Mail has a big backlog...
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

It's always a HDMI cable or headphones!

Change the record.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I always thought the idea of a magazine subscription was (a) to guarantee a copy of a magazine you enjoyed was sent to you through the post so you didn't have to search the shops for it and (b) get a bit of money off the cover price by doing so.

Shows how wrong I was, apparently it's all about the free gift...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:
I always thought the idea of a magazine subscription was (a) to guarantee a copy of a magazine you enjoyed was sent to you through the post so you didn't have to search the shops for it and (b) get a bit of money off the cover price by doing so.

I liked to think of mine as a half-price Chord Active with free magazine subscription...
emotion-2.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

The idea of a magazine subscription is to provide a reliable income stream to the publisher. Most non subscribers do not buy the magazine every month and may stop buying it altogether when they have made a purchase. However, people are lazy and once they are signed up keep buying the magazine because it is easier than cancelling it. The publisher knows this and so it is worth their while to give away free gifts and discounts to entice the subscriber in exchange for the guaranteed sales. BTW this is not intented as a criticism, it seems perfectly fair business to me.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
hammill:professorhat:

The idea of a magazine subscription is to provide a reliable income stream to the publisher.

Of course that's the idea for the publisher! It should be fairly obvious though that I was talking from my point of view i.e. the consumer - I subscribe to a magazine because I enjoy reading it, not because I can get a free toaster (or whatever).

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
professorhat:hammill:professorhat:

The idea of a magazine subscription is to provide a reliable income stream to the publisher.

Of course that's the idea for the publisher! It should be fairly obvious though that I was talking from my point of view i.e. the consumer - I subscribe to a magazine because I enjoy reading it, not because I can get a free toaster (or whatever).

But if I've previously bought it and was about to buy a new lead anyway then I'm more likely to subscribe

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
the_lhc:NO FAIR! I wanted a free toaster and all I got was this lousy HDMI lead (RRP £79.99)... this sucks.

Maybe a subscription to sister publication, "What toaster and waffle maker" should be where you're looking then?

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
It's a combination gift/discount offer - so you get a free, Award-winning QED Profile HDMI cable plus save 16% off the cover price.

Details on p34-35 of the new issue, which is in shops tomorrow
emotion-2.gif

I don't want to be picky, but it's not quite free.

If you subscribe via the order form on page 120/121, you get a 20% discount but no free gift.

So it's either £49 for 13 issues with a 'free gift' or £46.80 with no gift - I don't suppose £2.20 for a quality cable is too bad though and i've just subscribed this morning!

CE

A

Anonymous

Just remember to cancel the subscription and renew to keep getting the gifts, otherwise the publisher just relies on apathy and robs the longterm subscriber.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
There's certainly no 'robbing' going on.
emotion-40.gif

Our subscription team assure me the renewal costs for existing subscribers are very good indeed; often significantly lower than initial sign-up rate.

But there's nothing to stop you cancelling and re-joining if that's your wish
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Hello Clare,

If the renewal rates are lower than those for new customers (taking the gifts value in to consideration) Then I will humbly eat my own words. But after many long years of buying mags on all manner of subjects I personally have found that is rarely the case and its a selling tactic of most subscription based services to offer incentives for new customers and not to offer such deals to existing clients.

How often do you accept your car insurance renewal quote without ringing round first only for your existing insurer/broker to suddenly be able to match or beat the newer?

Regards Ian

A

Anonymous

Hi

Could you please confirm that the offer for an HDMI lead is still on and if possible provide the code so that I can subscribe online.

Thank you

A

Anonymous

Clare (or any of the what hi-fi team) can you tell me when i will receive the first magazine of my subscription and when i am likely to receive my free HDMI cable? I sent off my form and cheque one month ago but haven't had any form of subscription confirmation yet.

I subscribed to another mag at the same time and had confirmation within 1 week with details of when i can expect to receive my first issue.

Regards

CE

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Apologies, but not much we can do at this time of night: your best bet is to call or email our subscriptions people, either on 08456 777 813 or email Whathifi@servicehelpline.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts