Question Wharfedale Diamond 12.4 review

Pete326

Dec 31, 2023
Visit site
The Wharfedale Diamond 12.3 has a five star review, but I haven’t seen any review for the 12.4…. I am looking at both of these currently Can anyone offer a comparison review of these?

AJM1981

According to reviews I've read about the current Diamond line, the 12.0 and 12.2 are the best among the bookshelf models In blind test the 12.0 sounded bigger than it was and the 12.2 sounded fuller, which made the 12.1 disappear a bit in its position.

They're designed by Karl Heinz Fink who has focused especially on cabinet sturdiness. I owned the 12.0 (now in use by my father) and replaced them by my Denton 85th. I have owned the Diamond 11.2 which had a minor point of improvement in the bass range, but according to multiple reviews the 12.2 is an improvement..

Since the 12.4 is the floorstanding extension of the 12.2 I would recommend to read the reviews about the 12.2 since it gives an impression about the most important parts.. treble, midrange and bass (down to the frequencies that the floorstander extends). Personally I am not a floorstander-type in general, but there doesn't seem to be any objectable point when selecting anything out of the Diamond 12 line. It could even well be that the Diamond 12.2 (and beyond) is on par with the Denton 85th audiowise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts