Sub-forums

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Chris, I know what you're going to say and I agree...

Mystic Mac

smiley-smile.gif

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
This forum software is xxxx.

I was wondering why we have sub-forums for Headphones and Turntables. I would quite like one for Cables and one for Actives that I could ignore.

Chris

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Covenanter said:
This forum software is xxxx.

I was wondering why we have sub-forums for Headphones and Turntables. I would quite like one for Cables and one for Actives that I could ignore.

Chris

Agreed on both counts... I told you I knew!

smiley-wink.gif

Mac

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Covenanter said:
and one for Actives that I could ignore.

Problem is that actives would likely still be recommended on the regular (passive) HiFi forum, so you wouldn't be able to completely ignore them.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
I wish there were more sub-forums and that they were properly structured. We should have to start new threads in one sub-forum or another i.e. It shouldn't be possible to start a new thread in the parent forum. This way we could browse by parent forum, if interested in everything, or by sub- forums of interest.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Ajani said:
Covenanter said:
and one for Actives that I could ignore.

Problem is that actives would likely still be recommended on the regular (passive) HiFi forum, so you wouldn't be able to completely ignore them.

To be fair, there are times when actives are appropriate recommendations so shouldn't be hidden away from the general HiFi forums. For example, if someone has a computer and wants a system only for that, actives with a volume control do make sense.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I would like a Sub sub-forum.

The subwoofer sub-forum would not discriminate and discussions of both active and passive subwoofers would be welcome.

daveh75

Who pays any attention to, or wants the faff of navigating forums/sub-forums (other than when starting a thread)

I just go to active topics, and look at the threads of interest, and ignore the ones that don't.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The problem with sub forums is not many people go there, even though there are things like DAC sub forum you will see posts about them on here, same for TT etc..

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Who pays any attention to, or wants the faff of navigating forums/sub-forums (other than when starting a thread) I just go to active topics, and look at the threads of interest, and ignore the ones that don't.

Where's the fun in that? Next you'll expect people to act like sensible adults :doh:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Who pays any attention to, or wants the faff of navigating forums/sub-forums (other than when starting a thread) I just go to active topics, and look at the threads of interest, and ignore the ones that don't.

Zigackly, I don't understand why anybody wouldn't do this, it's not like this forum is so busy that you can't keep track. I ignore dozens of threads this way every day!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't think their should be more sub-forums in fact i think their should be less, i find it quite confusing at the moment with all these sub-forums it must be even more confusing for new-comers imagine if they wanted to post about a blu-ray player, their is so many forums & sub-forums i could imagine that it would probably put them off.

Before all these sub-forums came WHFS&V's website was simple & easy to use & you new where to look.

J

jcbrum

Maybe there should be a sub-forum for legacy separates and passive speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts