Sub-forums

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
J

jcbrum

altruistic.lemon said:
And the colleague would be??

An accountant with a major PLC who has access to retail data.

altruistic.lemon said:
Answers on a postcard to JCBrum, c/- AJ, Nailsworth, Gloucs.

Probably, AJ would be interested too, but my corres is nothing to do with AVI. You're out of order Lemon.

JC

J

jcbrum

chebby said:
JC, why are you so determined to find any way you can to diminish the reported figures for B&W's business? (Especially that portion selling 'legacy' or 'traditional' or 'passive' products.)

I'm not particularly determined, - corporate experience tells me that published statistics like those need to be examined closely if a true picture is to be gleaned.

chebby said:
Personally I applaud B&W for keeping their business thriving, whatever their mix of product types happens to be, and whatever sectors/age-groups/geographies/lifestyles/technologies they are aimed at.

Fair enough, but personally I suspect that their traditional ('legacy' :) ) stuff is probably declining, along with the general trends in HiFi.

JC

J

jcbrum

p.s. - personally, I think that B&W stuff is very poor value for money.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sigh. I wonder, is there a competition running for the person who can convert the most unlikely thread into this debate again (and again, and again, and again)?

And please, don't give me the "He started it!" line. Seriously. Most of us left that argument behind when we turned 12.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
professorhat said:
Sigh. I wonder, is there a competition running for the person who can convert the most unlikely thread into this debate again (and again, and again, and again)?

The subject of this thread ended somewhere on page 2 with this...

The_Lhc said:
daveh75 said:
Who pays any attention to, or wants the faff of navigating forums/sub-forums (other than when starting a thread) I just go to active topics, and look at the threads of interest, and ignore the ones that don't.

Zigackly, I don't understand why anybody wouldn't do this, it's not like this forum is so busy that you can't keep track. I ignore dozens of threads this way every day!

I completely agree.

As far as the number of forums/sub-forums are concerned, we only need... "Stuff just for playing music", "Stuff for watching TV and films", "Off-topic", "Accessories" and (at a stretch) "Sticking some kind of computer in your system".

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
The_Lhc said:
daveh75 said:
Who pays any attention to, or wants the faff of navigating forums/sub-forums (other than when starting a thread) I just go to active topics, and look at the threads of interest, and ignore the ones that don't.

Zigackly, I don't understand why anybody wouldn't do this, it's not like this forum is so busy that you can't keep track. I ignore dozens of threads this way every day!

I completely agree.

As far as the number of forums/sub-forums are concerned, we only need... "Stuff just for playing music", "Stuff for watching TV and films", "Off-topic", "Accessories" and (at a stretch) "Sticking some kind of computer in your system".

I agree too. There are already too many sub-furums in this forum and half of them hardly get used anyway. It would be better if there were less categories.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
chebby said:
The_Lhc said:
daveh75 said:

I completely agree.

I agree too. There are already too many sub-furums in this forum and half of them hardly get used anyway. It would be better if there were less categories.
+1

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The OP, when the software finally allowed me to post it, was meant half jokingly. I don't understand why there are sub-forums for headphones and turntables. What's so special about them?

I do get alternately annoyed and amused by Actives/Cables threads which just seem to go round and round the same old arguments.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS