Strobing Effect on Samsung Plasma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed a strobing effect on my Samsung PS50C96HDX particulaly on white scenery during some programs, the worst examples are the ONE show, eggheads and NFL UK. The areas of white scenery change very radiply from white to grey? Is this a fault with the set or something that can be removed by adjusting something.

A

Anonymous

Yes it happens on bright scenes and through the built in freeview. I did'nt notice it on the dark knight blu ray I was watching yesterday though?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
There are a few diferant things which could be the cause of the problem from the x y drive board to the PSU (the TV uses far more power when displaying a prodominantly white screen) all the way to a actuall fault with the screen, but if you are not getting this effect with other inputs only the Freeview then I would hazard a guess the fault lies with either the actuall tuner.

Try using a external Freeview tuner and see if the problem is still there.

A

Anonymous

The problem occurs with the bulit in freeview and the freesat PVR I've got connected, it sounds like I need to call J.Lewis, why doesn't it happen on the dvd input?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
jediblade:

The problem occurs with the bulit in freeview and the freesat PVR I've got connected, it sounds like I need to call J.Lewis, why doesn't it happen on the dvd input?

Do you have you DVD player doing the upscaling? if so the issue could lie with the TVs built in sacler. I used to own the same TV and mine had issues with analog signals where you would end up with the image tearing and it paned, mine was a searious screen fault and the set was replaced.

I would definatly give JL a bell and get a engineer around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts