Streaming to Naim Help!

lesmallett

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I have a Naim Unitiqute 2 which plays through some Neat Motive 2 speakers.

Music is streamed to the Naim from a QNAP over ethernet via an Ethernet switch.

The problem that I noticed this morning is when playing tracks they sound like they are scratched, can't think of a better description than that. So when listening to a record I will hear a hicup/scratch noise every few seconds. It is only as loud as the music but it does ruin my enjoyment of it.

I use the Naim with an AV amp as well and this does't happen when playing through this input.

What I am trying to discover is if the problem is with the Naim, the Qnap (no other problems with this), the Twonky Media Server on the Qnap or the Bubble UPNP device I use to control the music on my Android device.

Just wondering if any forum members have heard of had similar problems and what it turned out to be.

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You might be better advised putting this question to the Naim website, I have always found them very helpful.............

lesmallett

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try that route but I am awaiting approval before I sign in and post. Not sure how long it takes so thought I'd ask here in the meantime as missing my music.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
As you stream via an AV a as well without this problem I think you've effectively ruled out the NAS and software for faults, I would return the Naim unit to your dealer for service after checking all your speaker connections from it

lesmallett

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
After testing the iRadio feature and having the same issue I realised it wasn't the NAS of the UPNP software and must be the Naim.

Did a factory reset and all is now good. I imagine it started after I did a software update.

Many thanks to those who replied.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts