Streaming to another room

Taxman

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I have just moved house and I want to be able to connect wirelessly between two HiFi systems in different rooms. Previously my listening room and lounge were next to each other so I just drilled a hole in the wall for the speaker cables but in my new house the rooms are separated by a hallway.

In my listening room I have a Marantz PM 8005, SA 8005, Project 2Xperience SB DC and a pair of AVI DM10 active speakers and Sub.

In the lounge I want to put my Tannoy 6.2 Precision speakers.

I want the SA 8005 and turntable to remain in the listening room with my AVI set up but I want to cast to the lounge.

Obviously I realise I'm going to have to buy some more kit. I was wondering about buying the Yamaha RN602 and the WXC50.

If I connect the WXC50 to the Marantz tape of the PM8005 so whatever I play in my main system will be duplicated to the Yamaha

Then RN602 in the lounge will be able to play the music from the WXC50.

But I was wondering if I could just connect the WXC50 to the SA 8005 Coaxial or Optical Out. Then use the WXC50 preamp to connect the turntable to the DM10 Analogue Inputs.

Then use the Marantz 8005 with a suitable receiver in the lounge. I don't know if there is a receiver that would work with the WXC50 that would be capable of connecting with the PM 8005.

If you have any better suggestions i would be most grateful. My budget is a max of £750

jjbomber

Dynaudio would be my preferred choice, though second hand to get under £750. The line out of the Marantz would supply the Dynaudio connect, which would wirelessly send a signal to the Xeo 2s or Xeo 4s in the other room.

Reactions: Taxman

TomC

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
Since you are on Marantz you can try with HEOS link in one room and Marantz NR1200 or PM 7000N. Link you can use together with PM8005 to get streaming capablities and PM 7000 or NR1200 in another room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts