Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought myself a completely new hifi set consisting of:

TV: Philips cinema gold 21:9 50PFL7956H/12

Blue ray: Philips BDP5200

AV Receiver: Marantz NR 1601

Further

PC: Hp compaq 8510w running Windows 7

Now i want to play music from my pc over my hifi setup wirelessly. When i am working on my pc i want to play music from itunes over the hifi setup without having to connect a cable from my laptop to the receiver ore using the remote to browse and select music. I want to select the music on my PC and stream it to the Marantz NR 1601.

I can do this by using the wifi media connect on the Philips TV to clone my tv screen to the tv, however this reduces the display resolution on my pc and makes the pc slow. And i only want to stream the audio to my HIFI setup, not the video.

The Blue ray player is DLNA certified, can i use this to stream music from my pc to the HIFI setup? I would ofcourse prefere this option because i would not need to buy any additional components. If this is not possible, what additional components would you recommend? Here are some components i found which i hope could do the jobe:

Apple TV or apple express with airplay

logitech wireless music adapter for bluetooth (does this work well? and does this work if the laptop is in an adjacent room?)

What would you advise?

Furtheremore, using one of these systems, is it possible to give the command on my computer to play music over hifi and make the receiving devise in my setup automatically turn on which in turn makes my marantz NR 1601 turn on using hdmi control?

I would like to use the A/B output of the Marantz NR 1601 to drive two separate speakers in my bedroom, if I am in my bedroom and ame able to give the command to turn on and play music which i stream from my laptop, then is it allso possible to make the Marantz switch between outputs A, B and A&B? by giving the command on my pc?

any input would be much appreceated

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If u use WindowMediaPlayer as ur music player u just select 'Playto' and select the a upnl/dlna device on your network u want to stream to.

The same can be acheived with Foobar using its UpNp Controller.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If u use WindowMediaPlayer as ur music player u just select 'Playto' and select the a upnl/dlna device on your network u want to stream to.

The same can be acheived with Foobar using its UpNp Controller.

Whether the target device will wake up depends on whether the target supports wakeonlan/wifi. For example my Phillips NP2900 streamium wakes up, although my Samsung TV doesnt and needs to be turned on first.

A

Anonymous

Thanx for the reaction AnotherJoe,

I managed to stream audio to my philips tv by using windows media player, windows however can't find my blue ray player in the home network, so i could not stream without turning my tv on. Furthermore windows only lets me stream music from windows media player whreas i prefer itunes for music playback.

I have downloaded a trial of Jamcast which enables me to stream all audio that is playing on my pc to my blue ray player by means of a virtual soundcard ( Jamcast does recognise my blue ray player in the network). Jamcast works, and enables me to play music from itunes, and send this to my blue ray player with a delay of about 4 seconds. Unfortunately the audio somtimes stagnates, I do not know if the reason for this is to be found in the program or pc, or in the blue ray player not being able to cope. I suspect the problem lies with the pc/program.

I found numerous other programs which create a virtual soundcard, and they seemed similar to jamcast to me.

What program do you guys use for this purpose? can anyone recomend some other software, or is jamcast the best that is out there?

tnx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts