Stick or twist: Arcam A38?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
chebby said:

re: PP's overdue Icon demo

That'll never happen.

PP would rather extropolate the whole 'valve experience' from hearing his cousin's valve amp back in the 1970s (unknown brand), a few moments with a Fatman mosfet/ valve hybrid and World War 2 radar valves that 'some bloke' (or one of the ubiqitous 'in laws') told him were unreliable once.

I remember the original post where PP was going to arrange a demo of an Icon valve amp in order to finally settle, once-and-for-all, whether valve amps were any good.

chebby said:
stevebrock said:
chebby said:

re: PP's overdue Icon demo

That'll never happen.

PP would rather extropolate the whole 'valve experience' from hearing his cousin's valve amp back in the 1970s (unknown brand), a few moments with a Fatman mosfet/ valve hybrid and World War 2 radar valves that 'some bloke' (or one of the ubiqitous 'in laws') told him were unreliable once.

I remember the original post where PP was going to arrange a demo of an Icon valve amp in order to finally settle, once-and-for-all, whether valve amps were any good.

No, not to settle once and for all... just to see if they lived up to the hype. (Yet again, as always you challenge every word). Was hoping to hear one in about a month, I seem to remember saying, but it hasn't worked out.

I also clearly remember saying "even if it blows me away, doubt I would buy..." never hear the end of it If I did.

Chebby, you draw your own bloody conclusions (usually do).

If I can take a day off work I will hear one but it's looking less likely now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts