Stereo amplifier recommandation for pair Monitor Audio Gold 300

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

postup_crni

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have listened to your speakers at the end of Marantz combo PM11S2/CD11S2, followed by PMC Twenty23 and Martin Logan EM-ESL (and some others, nost so good). We went for Martin Logans in the end, although MA G300 would have been the second choice and PMC Twenty 23 third..

The Marantz had no problems driving any of those speakers (my music preferences were mostly jazz, orchestral and combo, world music, classical, so no Rammstein, though) and the PM11S3 even less so. I have also listened to S3 (amp+CD) with the now-discontinued BW PM1, it was a marvel ... If possible, consider the Marantz coupled to its CD player - the S3 has a DAC input as well, I did not test phono input on my amp, but it should be at least good.

After almost 3 years, I find no issues with my Marantz/Martin Logan combo and the amp looks/feels/weighs like it would last another 20.

And yes, I listened to them in Antwerpen, but you should have plenty of choice elsewhere in Belgium.

Good luck.

Freeke

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I think I am going to try to audition the naim supernait 2, i always seem to be comming back to that amp based on all the info on forums and reviews ( maybe also try roksan caspian m2 / primare if i can find any ... )

On a long term the naim seems to be the best investment to have a solid start and a nice upgrade path for my other devices.

I see that the supernait 2 becomes available secondhand for prices around 2500-2750 euro. The DAC investment i will postpone and first save some money.

Many thanks for your insights / opinions / suggestions and have a nice holiday!

grtz Frederik

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts