Standmount speaker suggestions for Arcam A28 + CD73 CDP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an Arcam A28 + Arcam CD73 CDP... I am looking to upgrade my speakers.. I am currently using some MA R700 MD from the mid 90's...

The issue I have is basically have with my current sound is that is a little conservativel. I am looking for something sparkle, dynamics (with more oompf)...

My listening room is 5m x 4m with wooden panel flooring. I enjoy listening to Pat Metheny/ Jazz, live albums, acoustic, Genesis, Nirvana, etc...

I have heard a lot about MA GS10 , PMC and ProAc..suggestions please..

Really the only way to see if speakers give the sound you want is to audition them yourself, preferably with your amp and CD player.
I am sure you will get some suggestions from other forum members but it might help to know how much you want to spend and also if you are likely to consider second-hand or not.

tokarski said:
I have an Arcam A28 + Arcam CD73 CDP... I am looking to upgrade my speakers.. I am currently using some MA R700 MD from the mid 90's...

The issue I have is basically have with my current sound is that is a little conservativel. I am looking for something sparkle, dynamics (with more oompf)...

My listening room is 5m x 4m with wooden panel flooring. I enjoy listening to Pat Metheny/ Jazz, live albums, acoustic, Genesis, Nirvana, etc...

Hi tokarski

I know the 700 speakers. I feel the 700's are still good speakers and that in the first instance a change of amplifier is the route you should consider pursuing instead. If you are happy to consider used amplification then i'll recommend Rotel's RA-1062. The RA-1062 quality of power will energize your speakers. The RA-1062's overall presentation will also help the amp to sit just nicely in between your CD73 and 700's. With an RA-1062 in place the system should give you the sound you're after for relatively modest outlay.

Btw, just to be clear i don't deal with used components.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

tokarski said:

With that set-up and your tastes in music; IMO the likes of the Monitor Audio RX2's, Dynaudio DM 2/6's or 2/7's, B&W CM5's and the PMC DB1i's would be my 1st port of call

A

Anonymous

The Arcam A28 is a recent acquisition at a very good price.. I know the speakers are good and are will built, but they look tired...

I have used the MA 700 MD partner to Sugden A48 amplication for many years. I am however "newer" looking for something more modern in keeping with rest of my hifi..

I have heard lots about PMC, ProAC, MA GS10 and AE1 - all would been nice addition.

A

Anonymous

Personally wikth a £1k budget I'd sello the Arcam CDP, buy a Rega Apollo or 2nd hand Rega Saturn and go for the M/A RX2's or Dynaudio DM2/6's

That'd be a cracking system them; especially for the likes of Jazz etc...
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

I have bought a REGA DAC, with probably similar characteristics to the Apollo and Saturn... but still no revolution... I think the CD73 is good....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts