Standard blu ray HD v 3D blu ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i must say that i have watched some great standard blu ray's this last week which have blow me away with their image on blu ray and looked almost 3 dimensional in detail popping off my kuro 500A. These movies were Avatar extended, Toy story 3, how to train your dragon and inception. DVD to blu ray was almost 10 years yet blu ray to 3D seems like it happened in 18 months. Some of the best and timeless films just don't need 3D treatment if you ask me, Blade runner, Alien, Dark knight, Se7en, all pixar/disney etc.

3D films in general are effects driven and this need to drive it forward whilst people are still on dvd is a touch premature , a beautiful HD presented film is gorgeous to behold, why force the 3D issue. Also the need to have to were 3D glasses to watch a 3D film takes away the joy of human detail. My personal opinion is that until a TV can output 3D images without the need for goggles then I'll stick with HD

F

FunkyMonkey

It puzzles me time and again that people complain about wearing specs to watch 3D on blu ray when they are happy to wear them at the local fleapit.

More of an issue with 3D is how well it is used, same as surround sound.

If surround sound effects were all over the place, then it would be pointless. Same with 3D picture. If th effects blend seamlessly in the film, then for a film fan, I don't see how people can object to wearign specs for a feature.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts