Blu Ray newbie advice

marb67

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have heard that Blu Ray is as good quality as HD tv broadcast. I currently own a Sony DAVD Z260 home cinema DVD player which has excellent sound quality. Is there a blu Ray player that is as good sound quality as this or perhaps the sound signal can be fed through the Sony so I have the best of both worlds ? I have a large libary of DVDs so I will still need to be able to play them all but replace the more recent movies with Blu Ray.

Thanks.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
It seems that the Sony doesn't have a spare HDMI connection, so the simple way would be to connect a Blu Ray player to a spare input on the TV (assuming there is one) and the sound should then play through your existing system. A certain amount of switching would be needed to change source but it shouldn't be too difficult.
So any player that has HDMI out - and that'll be pretty much any player - will be suitable.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
marb67 said:
I have heard that Blu Ray is as good quality as HD tv broadcast.

In fact it's even better. Blu-ray discs can handle progressive signals (as opposed to TV's interlaced) and have a higher bit rate.

marb67 said:
I currently own a Sony DAVD Z260 home cinema DVD player which has excellent sound quality. Is there a blu Ray player that is as good sound quality as this or perhaps the sound signal can be fed through the Sony so I have the best of both worlds ? I have a large libary of DVDs so I will still need to be able to play them all but replace the more recent movies with Blu Ray.

All BDPs will play DVDs, and most probably no worse than your existing unit.

TRENDING THREADS