Spendor A2

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
These stand out to me. I like small HiFi. All reviews seem to say the same; A warm but punchy delivery ... good for hours on end. - Add great build, in house development of drivers and good heritage.

Plenty more impressive looking speakers about but these somehow stand out. (Others are Acoustic Energy's AE100/109 and AE1a which will be one of my next purchases)

My path doesn't take me down this speakers route but has anyone heard them?

Ps. I made it a priority to go to Bristol this year, booked Friday off already and convinced my partner to come. So hopefully they will be on a playing display.

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Visit site
These little floor standers i saw last year at Bristol, driven by a Rega BRIO amp, loved them so easy to just listen and absorb a really clean clear sound. could depend on your choice of music though as heavy rock might not be for them, If your a Sam Smith type of fan where the voice is god then bingo. very good pairing A2 and Brio.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I went on a 100mile trip last month just for listening to the ae109. Such a good looking speaker (love the black). When my wife and I move to a new house later this year this is currently the nr1 speaker on my list. In my opinion it outperformed a 5 times more expensive Totem floorstander that was displayed next to it. They also stock the a2 but did not have a listen. For what it does the 109 is cheap as chips.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
They're nice. They won't jump out at you in any way but they are well rounded, good speakers with no obvious shortfalls.

Some speakers impress. The A2 are pleasant and easy. I would be happy to own and listen to them for many years.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
They're nice. They won't jump out at you in any way but they are well rounded, good speakers with no obvious shortfalls.

Some speakers impress. The A2 are pleasant and easy. I would be happy to own and listen to them for many years.

Nice one Steve

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
steve_1979 said:

Nice one Steve

I think it was the A2. Certainly something which looked very similar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts