Speakers to mount on side of a chimney e.g. Minx

AndrewFG

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a Tv mounted on a chimney-breast; it covers the full width of the chimney, and there is no place for the speakers beside it. Therefore I am looking for something that can mount on the side of the chimney, rotated to face forward. So in other words I need a wall-mount speaker whose bracket can rotate a full 90 degrees. I am thinking of the Cambridge Audio Minx speakers, but it is not clear from their online installation instructions if the wall mount brackets can swivel this far. Does anyone have these speakers with wall mount brackets who could tell me if this is physically feasible? Or does anyone have alternate ideas?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Looking at the brackets, if they dont work you could add a 90deg metal bracket or maybe a wooden cheese shaped wedge dependant on decor and diy skills. Else look at off the shelf wall brackets. So small there should be plenty. Or a wooden batten behind the tv using the minx brackets?

AndrewFG

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Looking at the brackets, if they dont work you could add a 90deg metal bracket or maybe a wooden cheese shaped wedge dependant on decor and diy skills. Else look at off the shelf wall brackets. So small there should be plenty. Or a wooden batten behind the tv using the minx brackets?

Many thanks for the helpful response.

Nevertheless I am still hoping for something that would not call on my DIY "skills"...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts