Speakers to match Audiolab 8000s and DacMagic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

Current setup - Audiolab 8000s with a DacMagic and KEF IQ3 running FLAC files through XP laptop with J River and AISO drivers. Looking for a set of speakers that will give me more depth in the soundstage and tighten up the bass, contenders thus far:

• B & W 685's
    • Epos M5 or ES11's (once had a pair many years ago)
    • EB Acoustics EB1

Budget is upto £500 and the room is fairl small that they are going into so any suggestions for both new and 2nd hand bargain would be greatly appreciated.......

Cheers Andy

A

Anonymous

Thanks John,

Like the look of the AVI's but feel the Tannoy's maybe a smidgen to big for my room, and to boot the AVI's seem to be at a good price point!

John Duncan

They're probably not (the Tannoys I mean) - in fact their footprint is smaller than anything else you mention. But yeah the AVIs are great (and grogeous) - benefit from rear wall bolstering if you can give it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks John, quick one - I have the option of buying a pair of Mission 774 for the bargain price of £100, would they be a good upgrade on the Kef's I currently have?

Cheers, Andy

John Duncan

Don't know them, but is a very good price compared to £500 new back in the day (ebay going rate is £175 minimum). Personally I'd either a) ask if you can try them at home first or b) buy them, see if they're any good, flog 'em if not. Former preferable to the later hassle-wise, obviously, but don't think you can lose really at that price....

A

Anonymous

Also added to the list a pair of s/h MA Silver 5i's, any experience with this speaker??

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I have the same amp and DAC and use Quad 12L2s with them. They continue to impress me. The only problem you might have is positioning because they need lots of space behind them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts