Speakers to match with a Hegel

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Once he hears the hegel with Atc monitors hes gonna want to throw his caspian in the bin. Only joking before i get accused of 'casting a shadow' again on a hifi forum talking about hegel lol

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
MUSICRAFT said:

Btw, my comments in this thread to member dogg5306 and his views on the match between the Hegel/B&W pairing should give you a very good idea of what to also expect.

All the best

Rick.
+1

Having heard the pairing just last week i agree. You will love it

Could someone give a bit more detail on the merits of the Hegel 160 / B&W CM10 pairing (or it's pitfalls) ?

Thanks
Steve

Hi steve1966

Fwiw, last Friday we demoed and sold another Hegel amplifier (H160) to power another set of B&W loudspeakers to a client from the Norfolk area with CM8S2's and Roksan electronics. To say that he is impressed with the H160 would be putting it mildly - "I am very pleased. The best he's ever heard"

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi stevee1966

I tried to post the following last night but couldn't do so -

I appreciate you asking me and I am more than happy to help you however please also consider the offer from SteveR which I feel is very fair. If you can't move forward with it then please contact me regarding auditioning a H160.

Btw, my comments in this thread to member dogg5306 and his views on the match between the Hegel/B&W pairing should give you a very good idea of what to also expect.

All the best

Rick.

At previous Bristol hi-fi shows there's a fair bit of 'show discount' on offer (at least with equipment bought through Audio-T). Have Hegel previously done discounts, or likely to offer them at the 2016 show ?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi stevee1966

I tried to post the following last night but couldn't do so -

I appreciate you asking me and I am more than happy to help you however please also consider the offer from SteveR which I feel is very fair. If you can't move forward with it then please contact me regarding auditioning a H160.

All the best

Rick.

At previous Bristol hi-fi shows there's a fair bit of 'show discount' on offer (at least with equipment bought through Audio-T). Have Hegel previously done discounts, or likely to offer them at the 2016 show ?

I thought id mention that if your looking for a 'good price' for any hegel products then give Rick a call at musicraft on 07727272443 he gave me a good price and im sure he will sort you out.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I need to get it demoed before i think too much about price.
I was just wondering on Hegels stance on a discount as Bristol show is well worth a visit if you know you going to buy. Offered 15% off my B+W CM10's last year which is a fair chunk of money.

radekker

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I didn't read the whole thread but I would like you all to know that I've been using the Hegel H160 amp with KEF R900 speakers for the past 6 months. I'm very happy with this combination, it just sounds fantastic. Before I bought the Hegel I tried a Yamaha A-S2100 and a Marantz PM 11S3 with the R900's, but the sound of both of them could not compete with the balanced sound of the Hegel. The bass is deep but controlled and the treble is high but not sharp. I was pleasantly suprised when Hegel mailed me that they had used the combination of the H160 and the R900's in several demonstrations because of it's smooth sound. So for those in doubt which speakers to choose for their H160, I would say that you can't go wrong with a pair of R900's.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
radekker said:
I didn't read the whole thread but I would like you all to know that I've been using the Hegel H160 amp with KEF R900 speakers for the past 6 months. I'm very happy with this combination, it just sounds fantastic. Before I bought the Hegel I tried a Yamaha A-S2100 and a Marantz PM 11S3 with the R900's, but the sound of both of them could not compete with the balanced sound of the Hegel. The bass is deep but controlled and the treble is high but not sharp. I was pleasantly suprised when Hegel mailed me that they had used the combination of the H160 and the R900's in several demonstrations because of it's smooth sound. So for those in doubt which speakers to choose for their H160, I would say that you can't go wrong with a pair of R900's.

Thanks for sharing! *smile*

Cno will be over his head with this post.... lol

*drinks* cno

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Next week will demo the H160, as soon as I recover from the hear exostosis cirgury, and as tinnitus allow me. Will take my Dyns X12 along but they are at the edge of being upgraded for the Confldence C1s.

Will report after the demo.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Next week will demo the H160, as soon as I recover from the hear exostosis cirgury, and as tinnitus allow me. Will take my Dyns X12 along but they are at the edge of being upgraded for the Confldence C1s. 

I hope you recover quickly...and end up with one hellova system.

Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Hi Hi-FiOutlaw

I wish you a speedy recovery and nice one.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts