Speakers for Roksan Kandy K2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Have searched the forums for what other people have paired with a roksan kandy but can only find suggestions and no reports back on what they bought.

I currently have this amp paired with a marantz NA7004

A

Anonymous

Sorry first post and clicked save instead of preview!

I have demo'ed MA RX6 and found them too bright and B&W CM8 and finally Kef R500 which sounded much smoother and more detailed than the other two.

Has anyone paired the kandy with the new kef R series?

Thanks for any opinions

joeyp1982

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i have pair of dali ikon 7 with the kandy k2 and they sound unbelievable. have had a nad before with these and the kandy produces so much more detail (very noticable). also have had the kandy hooked up to a pair of spendor a9's and they ate the kandys power no probs. sounded so good my brother (who owns the spendors) sold his nad c165bee pre amp and two c275bee's and bought a kandy. not as loud but so much more detail absolute bargain for the price definitly worth the money

:)

shaunj_uk

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Monitor Audio RS6's with my Roksan Kandy K2, with Rega Apollo CD player- sounds fantastic. The RS6's dont sound bright at all with the K2's smooth sound, its a good balance.

shaunj_uk

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Monitor Audio RS6's with my Roksan Kandy K2, with Rega Apollo CD player- sounds fantastic. The RS6's dont sound bright at all with the K2's smooth sound, its a good balance.

A

Anonymous

Currently have the Dali Mentor Menuets paired with the Kandy K2 amp.

Another forum member, danrv, is pairing Dali Lektor 2 with the K2.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I always fancied bi amping my k2 with Proac but never did ger round to it.

I had mine with a pair of Monitor Audio GS10s, very smooth and detailed but a bit lacking in lower frequencies. I switched to RS6s. They performed well but ultimately not quite up to my favourite music. Rock,metal etc.

Something from MAs GX range could be good.

eagle123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
hi there trichard, i got the roksan kandy l3 amp and cd player combo, with the kef r700, i demoed with the kef r300 and r500 and finally found that the r700 were the ones for me.

How can i describe it you, the sound, well the kef r300 had the clarity and 3d image but lacked bottom end bass, the r 500 had the bass and the clarity of the r300, and i lastly i demoed the r700, they were the daddy, i was smiling and enjoying the music.

They also more forgiving with other amps and easier to drive compares to the reference series, and have similar trickle down technology of the kef blade.

Best to let your ears decide, other hifi magazine have reviewed the kef r700 and reccomended it

Ps they heavy speakers !!:)

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
eagle123 said:
hi there trichard, i got the roksan kandy l3 amp and cd player combo, with the kef r700, i demoed with the kef r300 and r500 and finally found that the r700 were the ones for me.

How can i describe it you, the sound, well the kef r300 had the clarity and 3d image but lacked bottom end bass, the r 500 had the bass and the clarity of the r300, and i lastly i demoed the r700, they were the daddy, i was smiling and enjoying the music.

They also more forgiving with other amps and easier to drive compares to the reference series, and have similar trickle down technology of the kef blade.

Best to let your ears decide, other hifi magazine have reviewed the kef r700 and reccomended it

Ps they heavy speakers !!:)
Hi Eagle123 I am going to dem r700 tomorrow and then have a home dem how far from back/side walls do you have them I also had a dem of the r500 last week great speakers:cheers: :cheers:

eagle123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
hi toyota man, yup i got the r700 speakers, placed them a meter apart from the walls and got rid of the bungs, they sound more natural with the bungs out, as its got 2 bass ports at the back, but they not fussy tho if you placed them a couples of inches away from the back wall.

i demoed the r500 and wanted to find out if the 700 were more suitable, as i moved up the range there a jump in sound quality, the r700 are the ones to go for.

They got the same driver size as the r300, the 500 drivers are smaller so is the cabinet but it your ears that will decide.

Next step for my upgrade funds permitting are the upgrade to the amp and cd player, to both roksan caspian m3, need to save up for them tho, anyway let me know how your demo goes.

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
I have also the K2 amp and CD player i use M/a Silver S1 on quality stands i have them towed in very slightly as i do not want my listening position to sound like i am listening on headphones.Sound is superb but it depends what i am listening too. I have 2000 or more. and i still playing the same 4 cd's i been playing for years never get put away I imagine only a low percent of them are top quality audio. Sufjan Stevens Illionise sounds fantastic

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Covenanter said:
As I posted elsewhere I wouldn't buy the K2! Not a musical amplifier by any means. My audition showed to me at least that the Marantz PM8005 is materially better.

Chris

Whats this nonsense about musical amplifiers? You are embarassing yourself in public.

TRENDING THREADS