Speakers for Roksan Kandy K2 and Exposure 2010s2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am interested if someone can help me with partnering a standmount speakers and your opinion for the following integrated amps:

Exposure 2010s2,

Roksan Kandy K2,

Musical fidelity M3i.

I was thinking about Epos M5i or M12i, Monitor Audio RX2, Quad 12l2, Focal 706v, B&W CM1 as these are available for ordering in my area. I've heard the Monitor Audio RX1, and although they seemed pretty transparent, they sounded very bright in the higher frequencies, so I coudn't stand listening them for more than 15 minutes. I mostly listen to jazz, classics, and sometimes Pop, RnB and electro. My friend has a Naim Supernait and Vienna Acoustics Beethoven baby grand, and although this is a differnt proce category and out of my budget, I love this type of sound, punchy bass and warm, but transparent and balanced.

A

Anonymous

I forgot to mention that my listening area is 18x12x7 feet WxLxH

A

Anonymous

For a warmth of sound, definetly go with the M3i. I auditioned the Kandy at Sevenoaks with both Monitor Audio and B&W and was highly unimpressed with it. It's a powerful amp, but that's it. All power, no musicality or enjoyment from it. I personally felt that the Arcam A18 destroyed it in terms of joyful listening. The Arcam A18 could be a good contender too, more bass than the Kandy and it sounds nice and warm like the M3i does. Oh yeah, and the Kandy as the WORST volume control ever created. Whoever put that on the front of the Kandy should be fired.

As for speakers, if you're budgeting, I'd go with B&W CM5's with the Arcam A18. Keep in mind though, that you wont get massive amounts of bass from standmounts. Saying that, the CM5 did shock me somewhat in its bass delivery. Try the Monitor Audios with the Arcam A18 if you can. I think it'd be a good setup, but when I tried this particular one it was in Sevenoaks, which was basically a solid flat walled/floored room, so the acoustics were worse than awful.

A

Anonymous

For a warmth of sound, definetly go with the M3i. I auditioned the Kandy at Sevenoaks with both Monitor Audio and B&W and was highly unimpressed with it. It's a powerful amp, but that's it. All power, no musicality or enjoyment from it. I personally felt that the Arcam A18 destroyed it in terms of joyful listening. The Arcam A18 could be a good contender too, more bass than the Kandy and it sounds nice and warm like the M3i does. Oh yeah, and the Kandy as the WORST volume control ever created. Whoever put that on the front of the Kandy should be fired.

As for speakers, if you're budgeting, I'd go with B&W CM5's with the Arcam A18. Keep in mind though, that you wont get massive amounts of bass from standmounts. Saying that, the CM5 did shock me somewhat in its bass delivery. Try the Monitor Audios with the Arcam A18 if you can. I think it'd be a good setup, but when I tried this particular one it was in Sevenoaks, which was basically a solid flat walled/floored room, so the acoustics were worse than awful.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Monstrous. I know that standmounts can't deliver the bass as a floorstander, but the thing is that in my room the positioning of the speakers is awkward and I can't place the speakers more than 1-1,5 feet away from the front wall. I will definitely listen to the M3i with the MA RX2, because they are from the same dealer, but I'm somehow afraid of the overly bright treble of the MA and plus the fact that they are rear ported and might have uncontroled bass from them when positioned close to wall. The midrange from the RX1 was superb but the treble was giving me a headache when auditoined with my Pioneer VSX1018 receiver.

A

Anonymous

kostag said:
Thanks for the info Monstrous. I know that standmounts can't deliver the bass as a floorstander, but the thing is that in my room the positioning of the speakers is awkward and I can't place the speakers more than 1-1,5 feet away from the front wall. I will definitely listen to the M3i with the MA RX2, because they are from the same dealer, but I'm somehow afraid of the overly bright treble of the MA and plus the fact that they are rear ported and might have uncontroled bass from them when positioned close to wall. The midrange from the RX1 was superb but the treble was giving me a headache when auditoined with my Pioneer VSX1018 receiver.

If it's overly bright, try the Arcam A18 if possible.

1ft from a wall is fine, I'm using ProAc studio 130's which are about 8" from the wall behind them and it causes no problems at all :).

A

Anonymous

I guess I'll try the Roksan Focals matching, because there isn't any delaer for Arcam in my area. I heard some review that the Focals have extended highs as well, so that worries me for the bright treble, again.

TRENDING THREADS