speaker cable for cyrus and roksan kandy k2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive just bought a cyrus 6se and a roksan kandy k2, im going to playing them through audio vector m3 signature speakers. the guy i bought the cyrus off has decided to give me advise on cabling. i have true colours constrictor power cables for both units and a 6 way block. im going to be using ecosse nu diva interconnects, and my speaker cable is qed x tube 400. he mentioned in his last email (before knowing the above) the following..... and yes the kandy and cyrus are a great match, just don't use qed xtube cabling of any model as it sounds pants with this set up. if you haven't bought cable yet go for chord odyssey 2 or odyssey four speaker cable once run in sounds fantatic with that set up. also think about using chord chameleon silver plus interconnects, they'll suit that set up extremly well. enjoy your week, kind regards asking if any one could comment, firstly on my x tube 400 cable? is it pants in general or with the cyrus kandy k2 set up its pants? (im sure it was 5 star what hi fi review thats the reason i bought it. and i think my ecosse interconnects will be a good choice with this system rather than this guys choice of chord chameleon silver plus. any comments on all of the above would be great. any one got the cyrus kandy k2 set up? or any previous with any of the cables above? thanks

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Surely the first thing to do, since you own all this stuff, is connect it up and listen to it. I mean, sit and listen, for a few days. Get used to the sound. If you like it, can't you just ignore this guy's comments? And if there is anything you don't like about the sound, come back on here then and ask for any tips on how to change it. Too many people are trying to change things or worrying about their set-up before they've even given it a chance - apparently in your case before you've even listened to it (with respect)!

Still, you will get opinions on all the questions you have asked, I'm sure, and they will keep you worrying into the night.

T

the record spot

The seller's just giving his opinion, but you'd be better off having a listen and seeing if you enjoy what you hear and form your own view I think. If you like what you hear, then the argument's done. If you don't try moving speakers a little (greater gain that way than changing a cable or two but not something that involves changing components). If you must however, buy some other cable, but you might get some good mileage out of good, well built generic options. Big names are necessarily the way to, nor big bucks.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I would just go for a high gauge multi strand copper cable, can be bought for peanuts and sounds as good as any in my opinion.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
mickford:go for chord odyssey 2 or odyssey four... also think about using chord chameleon
Obviously a Chord dealer trying to sell Chord cables. Nothing new.

I'd recommend sticking with your system for a few months, thus getting accustomed to the sound.
Then visit the dealer and request the cables they recommend for a home demo.

If you feel there is a change to the sound you're now familiar with, and you believe it is worth the outlay, then go for it. If not, then simply return the cables with a polite Thank You.

A

Anonymous

I had some qedxtube 400 and found it to be bright. Very bright actually. I have also found odyssey to be a little bright too so not sure it would be such a good match with cyrus and roksan.

A

Anonymous

thanks guys for putting your thoughts down, i think im going to set up and listen to what ive got and listen to all my favourite high quality recordings for a month or so and make a decision.

with the qed x tube 400 being bright can understand that actually, the hi fi i just sold to get the cyrus and roksan i had a valve buffer which is probably the knock on effect of having bright speaker cable. but i sold it with the thought of i dont want breaks in the sound from disc to amp to speakers.

i had a external dac too.

so fraz1, any ideas of what cable you would lean to?

atlas hyper 2? ive had van den hul cables before, detailed and laid back in set up i had back then.

one more thing, on the back of my speakers i have 3 pairs of cable posts, which i have a gold plate that can be used to link all 3 pairs up so you can use one pair of speaker cables to connect to amp.

can you get away with using the plate so only using one pair of speaker cable or is it best to separate out and have a pair for every post?

i hope this makes sence, any thoughts on a more suiting speaker cable and the speaker post plates welcome.

thanks

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
The X Tube range and XT400 specifically is excellent cable - it may sound a little bright with the Roksan, but as suggested it's worth trying some alternatives to find out what you think for yourself.

The Odyssey 4 might be worth a try if you are unhappy with the current sound (or just curious!) as it does have a markedly different character to the QED to my ears. It'd also be worth listening to QED Genesis which is a little more expensive but one of the most impressive cables we've heard and truly hosepipe in its construction (just don't try to terminate it - make sure the dealer does it for you!)

Borrowing a selection of each would be worth it to hear each for yourself - we always recommend this if its possible.

On the jumpers - you needn't tri-wire. You can biwire or single wire with either 2 sets or 1 set of jumpers respectively per speaker. Chord Signature jumpers are a good match for these cables.

Hope this helps
emotion-1.gif

mickford:
thanks guys for putting your thoughts down, i think im going to set up and listen to what ive got and listen to all my favourite high quality recordings for a month or so and make a decision.

with the qed x tube 400 being bright can understand that actually, the hi fi i just sold to get the cyrus and roksan i had a valve buffer which is probably the knock on effect of having bright speaker cable. but i sold it with the thought of i dont want breaks in the sound from disc to amp to speakers.

i had a external dac too.

so fraz1, any ideas of what cable you would lean to?

atlas hyper 2? ive had van den hul cables before, detailed and laid back in set up i had back then.

one more thing, on the back of my speakers i have 3 pairs of cable posts, which i have a gold plate that can be used to link all 3 pairs up so you can use one pair of speaker cables to connect to amp.

can you get away with using the plate so only using one pair of speaker cable or is it best to separate out and have a pair for every post?

i hope this makes sence, any thoughts on a more suiting speaker cable and the speaker post plates welcome.

thanks

Hi mickford

I think to move forward you need to take a step back. I'll suggest you single wire your speakers with some (nothing fancy) standard speaker cables which have a few hundred strands OFC. These speaker cables cost no more then a few £/m and are just simply superb.

Btw, i'll also recommend using the plates/links supplied to connect the speaker terminals.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

dnm precision or one of atlas hyper range. The DNM is perhaps not the best for really deep bass on floorstanders though so the atlas might be a better bet. The DNM is an excellent cable though and goes very well indeed with cyrus and roksan kit, being very similar to cyrus' own cable.

TRENDING THREADS