Speakers for Onkyo-608

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

As I wrote earlier, I own an Onkyo TX-SR608 and have been hunting for speakers. From the earlier post, I understood the use of various speakers and the functionality of my AVR to use them optimally.

I am currently torn between choosing a pair of decent stereo setup consisting of bookshelves (Diamond 9.2), floorstanders (Diamond 9.5 or polk Audio Tsi300) or a complete 5.1 surround speaker set (Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ or Energy take classic 5.1)

My preference is Smooth Jazz, blues, very soft rock, pop, retro Indian songs and Indian instrumentals. Though My living + dining (L shaped) measure up to 280-300 sq. ft., the active listening area is 140 sq. ft. (rectanglular arrangement)

I Intend to use my AVR for music (50%), TV sound (35%) and movies (15%) and not hell bent on surround sound, but on reasonably decent sound quality.

Considering the above, can you please recommend the best way for me to proceed.

I would also like to know if the Onkyo TX-SR 608 would be able to comfortably drive the Wharfe moviestar setup.

Lastly, are the floorstanders an overkill for my "listening" area. (considering that I use low to mid volume levels)

Many thanks in advance.

Pannags.

A

Anonymous

Hello Experts ... Please do suggest. I'm held up with my decision.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts