Speakers for Nad c370 ... Final 3 choices

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been asking a lot over the past and have now narrowed it down to the following three choices.... Which are roughly the same price (£250-400ish) (second hand). I want a neutral sound with clean bass, not over exggerated midbass.

Other equipmnt is arcam rdac, nad c370. I have a 18inch 600w rms subwoofer for when I want to blast music but would ideally like to listen to just the main two speakers most of the time.

Choices are Celestion A2 - £300

Monitor Audio Gr 20 - 400 ish ebay

Monitor Audio RS6 -£250-300 ish ebay.

Any thoughts on the best option? I don't plan to upgrade the amp/dac in the near future so a nicely balanced system would also be nice.

:)

Thanks for your patience + advice thus far!

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
KEF Reference 104/2 can be had in that price, would wipe the floor (IMO, IME etc) with those on your list.

Not heard the Celestion A2s but they are supposed to be very good!

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the responses, think it will be the celestion a2's! I'm suprised the gr 20's don't seem to have much support here.

The kef's are not to my liking style-wise.... I'm a student and I have no idea where I will be living in 12 months so I want something more neutral looking that will fit in anywhere: the rs6/gr20 were fine along with the a2's (would love a3's but logistics + cost get in the way) haha

I'm looking for a floorstander to be honest, I have heard the 685's in the past but....... there are a pair of cm1's in my house but they don't play loud enough without struggling from overexcursion which ruins the sound. The 685 isn't much bigger and I don't want stands because I think they often look a mess/less elegnt than a floorstanding speaker.

Any other recommendations are more than welcome but I am close to buying.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
alienmango said:
Hi, thanks for the responses, think it will be the celestion a2's! I'm suprised the gr 20's don't seem to have much support here.

The kef's are not to my liking style-wise.... I'm a student and I have no idea where I will be living in 12 months so I want something more neutral looking that will fit in anywhere: the rs6/gr20 were fine along with the a2's (would love a3's but logistics + cost get in the way) haha

I'm looking for a floorstander to be honest, I have heard the 685's in the past but....... there are a pair of cm1's in my house but they don't play loud enough without struggling from overexcursion which ruins the sound. The 685 isn't much bigger and I don't want stands because I think they often look a mess/less elegnt than a floorstanding speaker.

Any other recommendations are more than welcome but I am close to buying.

Something like the Rega Jura seem to fit the bill then, or R5 would be on budget.

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, is there much difference between the rega r5 and rs5? (Pair of r5's on beay now...) Was also thinking about quad 22l but may be out of budget. (Really want to spend 300 not 400).

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
alienmango said:
Thanks for the suggestion, is there much difference between the rega r5 and rs5? (Pair of r5's on beay now...) Was also thinking about quad 22l but may be out of budget. (Really want to spend 300 not 400).

I have not heard the RS5 but heard the R5 and owned the R1, R3 and R7.

I belive the main change to the RS-Series is the tweeter, other than that its just a cosmetic tweak of the previous R-Series.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts