What speakers for Nad d3020?

Barneyp

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
A commonly asked question it seems, but I would appreciate some tailored thoughts.

i have the nad d3020, music source digital via squeezebox/nas - varying quality - mostly rock

my query is which sub £250 modern speaker is best for my situation. It seems to me that reviews and even listening tests are all very well in a windowless, sound engineered test room, but I don't have one of those, so need speakers to match the NAD in my front room.

The speakers are to be placed on stands, close to rear wall and towards a corner. Room is circa 4m x 6m but seating circa 3m from speakers.

as I'm in the front room the speakers can't be too obtrusive physically and must perform well at low volume, I'm after big wide sound with some punch

Out of the modern well reviewed stand mounted what do you think would suit me best?

Q acoustics 2020i

Monitor audio bx2

or the wharfdale 220

Or anything else I should consider?

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Barneyp said:
A commonly asked question it seems, but I would appreciate some tailored thoughts.

i have the nad d3020, music source digital via squeezebox/nas - varying quality - mostly rock

my query is which sub £250 modern speaker is best for my situation. It seems to me that reviews and even listening tests are all very well in a windowless, sound engineered test room, but I don't have one of those, so need speakers to match the NAD in my front room.

The speakers are to be placed on stands, close to rear wall and towards a corner. Room is circa 4m x 6m but seating circa 3m from speakers.

as I'm in the front room the speakers can't be too obtrusive physically and must perform well at low volume, I'm after big wide sound with some punch

Out of the modern well reviewed stand mounted what do you think would suit me best?

Q acoustics 2020i

Monitor audio bx2

or the wharfdale 220

Or anything else I should consider?

Monitor Audio BX2 goes very well with Nad kit in my experience. Dali Zensor 3 also a match made in heaven but you would have to shop around as these are above your budget...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts