Nad Vs monitor audio GR60 speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I've just bought some monitor audio GR60 speakers-Im very very silly with excitement,

just wondered what the best way to power them would be, ie, got Nad c370 amp--will get, when it appears on ebay again, a c270 power amp -- should i power one speaker thru one amp and the other speaker thro the power amp, or turn both amps into a monobloc which means only the c370 would connect to them-i think.

after checking previous posts the nad combo doesnt seem to shody and hope they can serve the GR60's well.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
if you want to bi-amp then you have to run one set of wires to each speaker from both the amps. this shouldnt be a problem as i do believe your new speakers have 2 pairs of binding posts specifically for this purpose. also dont forget to remove the jumpers from the binding posts as you will be letting the speakers internal crossover do the work. now the question of which amp to hook to lf or hf is a different matter.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks very much. i thought if i connected/bridged the c270 power amp to the c370, that would be a monobloc. i am very green about hifi.

cheers

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
if you connect the power amp to the intergrated you would be better of bi-amping as if you connecetd one to each speaker you would get quite a different sound from each speaker as the amps arent matched. to mono amp you need two identical power amps (that can be bridged to mono use) and you would use the intergrated as a pre amp

A

Anonymous

Stick to bi-amping with the NAD's
emotion-5.gif

Remove the binding posts from the M/A's and use the NAD C370 integrated to power the HF's on the speakers and use the NAD C270 power amp to power the LF's on the speakers

You'll need two lengths of good bi-wire cable (i.e. Chord Odyssey 4 or at a minimum; the Chord Carnival Silverscreen biwire).

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I had a pair of C270's driving my old MA Silver 8i's and kept swapping between Bi-amp and bridging.

I ended up staying bi-amped-had enough power for the speakers and had the edge in soundstage/clarity/detail.

I am looking for asecond pair of Arca P1's to bi-amp my GS60's (don't have the cash for them!).

Chris

A

Anonymous

thanks very much for the advise, i will bi-amp the GR60, it seems the simplest option.

thank again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts