NAD C370 repair/replacement advice sought

Huxtapaz

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi!I'm looking for some advice regarding my aging NAD C370. I've noticed recently that the volume sometimes dips for no apparent reason while watching TV / listening to music / gaming and am starting to imagine that I hear some sounds being distorted while listening to certain CDs that I don't notice on other equipment. I can also hear the distortion through headphones attached to the NAD, so it's not the speakers. Anyway.. - Can anyone offer any advice on what might be causing the issues I'm having?- Is there a chance it just needs a good dusting? It's never been opened.- Is it worth having the AMP repaired or would it be more cost effective to buy a new amp?- Does anyone have a suggestion for a suitable replacement? I have a Marantz CD6005 and a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 8is. I mainly use this system for music (electronic and jazz mostly), but also need inputs for TV and consoles. I wouldn't want to spend much more that £300. Any advice is appreciated!Thanks.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The NAD is a capable and relatively powerful hifi amp and as such, replacement with a new amp will not be possible at your budget, so you are left with either a repair or another used amp.

A slightly different approach would be to use an Aune X1 mk II with a Behringer A500. The A500 could be considered fugly, but it's got heaps of power to grip your speakers.

You could always hide the power amp under the sofa. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts