Speakers for NAD C352 and C521BEE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I currently have a set of floorstanding speakers, Acoustic Energy Evo III, however they are far too big and as I am on the move fairly often they are just not suitable. I was hoping you guys could recommened a good set of bookshelf speakers around the £130 mark which will accomodate my NAD C352 and C521BEE well.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Danny

A

Anonymous

Hi Danny,

I currently use some Diamond 9.1's with that setup and they sound pretty good. I also tried the Monitor Audio BR-1. Nice speakers, slightly smoother presentation than the 9.1's but a little bit more expensive at £180. For £130 I'd probably demo some 9.1's.

Hope that helps.

Gareth

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments guys.

I like the look of the Diamond 9.1's. I'm just thinking, will I notice a huge difference if I were to purchase slightly more expensive speakers, such as the Monitor Audio BR-1 Stereolad mentioned? I'm far from an expert in this area so I'm thinking perhaps I wont notice the dfference!

Regards.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't think being an "expert" or not has much to do with - it's all about what you like the sound of.

TBH, I would see the BR1s as a near-sideways step from the 9.1s. The next reasonable step up would be the BR2s IMO. Bear in mind that the 9.1s are roughly the same speakers as Quad 11s, but just in cheaper clothes...

A

Anonymous

speakerless:

I'm just thinking, will I notice a huge difference if I were to purchase slightly more expensive speakers, such as the Monitor Audio BR-1 Stereolad mentioned? I'm far from an expert in this area so I'm thinking perhaps I wont notice the dfference!

There isn't a huge difference between them, but I did found the BR-1 to be slightly more pleasent to listen to, slightly smoother mid range. It would just come down to taste, go and have a listen to some stuff if you can (it is the fun bit of buying).

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
It's really hard to do better than those Wharfedale's. They are my favorite budget speakers for classical music. They will get along very well with your electronics as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts