Question Help needed for pairing amp and speakers

Rakso01

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a pro-ject turntable (https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/vt-e-bt/) and I’m looking for a decent amp and bookshelf speakers. It’s a very small room (approx 2x2m) and as such I’ve been looking at smaller, more compact amps such as the pro-ject Stereo Box S2 (https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/stereo-box-s2-bt/). I saw that this has a lower wattage than most and was unsure of the effect of using a lower power amp with higher rated speakers. As such, I was hoping someone could help select a pair of white bookshelf speakers. Ideally these wouldn’t be very deep (as close to 20cm as possible (I understand that it’s unlikely)) and it would be helpful if they can be placed further back against a wall. My budget for the speakers is £250-300 but it is flexible. :)

note: I’m currently using a Sony CMT-BT60B that was handed down to me.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum,
Is that figure quoted for the speakers alone?
Seriously, on that budget and that size room, have you considered using headphones only or perhaps get some Desktop speakers like these (only in soft grey, not white, I am afraid).

Rakso01

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
See my updated post
Unfortunately decent white bookshelf speakers with that 20cm depth limit are going to be very hard to find.
Is 28cm too deep?
Ideal was 20 but I think there are some other places I could put them where I don’t have the depth constraints

Rakso01

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum,
Is that figure quoted for the speakers alone?
Seriously, on that budget and that size room, have you considered using headphones only or perhaps get some Desktop speakers like these (only in soft grey, not white, I am afraid).

grey works too. The room‘s aesthetic is white with some grey and lots of plants to give it colour

D

Deleted member 116933

Why don't you look second hand,

mission 700s 342 x 185 x 257mm. 55 quid will rock your world!

Amps rotel or NAD marantz all available for as little as 60 quid.

Edit should leave you with a little cash to get a good phono preamp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts