Speakers for medium room

denontillidie

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

After 3 years of trying to get my B&W 683 speakers to sound good in my medium to small front room, I have given up and am looking to replace them with something a bit more suitable to the room size.

My front room is 4m wide and 3m deep, there is a 2.4m by 1m deep bay on the far wall at the window end where the sofa is located that i listen in. The speakers are located 2.4m away from the listening position against the two 3m size walls, they have about 20cm of space between them and the wall due to the room layout (cant be changed)

I am thinking along the lines of the monitor audio Rx6 or maybe even the br5, i am looking at floor standers more than standmounters.

I know that this might be a biggy but i have given up with trying to fit an elephant into a phone box and would like some help.

BTW, i live in the UK so no import speakers please.

Cheers,

Rob

A

Anonymous

No import speakers? The ones you mention are made in China so they're imports, too. Besides, you're missing out on some wonderful speakers - why no imports?

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I think it's pretty obvious what the OP means when he says no imports Tarquinh - those that are not available through a distributor and dealer network based in the UK, not where they were made.

Cons of imports? Er...no localised dealer support, no chance to demo before you buy, additional shipping and insurance costs...need I go on?

denontillidie

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
sorry, i just meant try not to mention any speakers that are not easily available in the uk
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

denon etc I'd recommend Totem Arros if they're within budget. Canadian, but with a strong presence here now, which is why I queried the imported part, but would suit your room.

Bodders, time for a cold shower, methinks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts