Question Speakers for a 48X21 foot room

JasonCrei

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I am in the processes of renovating my newly purchased house and have an open plan kitchen dinner that I would like to bathe with amazing sound. The room is 48 X 21 feet so is it preferable to have 4 speakers (2 pairs), or a single set of 2 speakers? Also, if I was going to 4 speakers, is a normal music streaming system powerful enough to drive them?

Thanks

jjbomber

Welcome to the forum.

Normally you would have two speakers, as stereo gets muddled with four. However a lot will depend on the layout of the room. If everyone is sitting the same distance away, then great. However if you want to have people listening 10 feet away and another lot listening in the kitchen 30 foot away, then either the 10 footers go deaf or the thirty footers don't hear anything. If it's the later situation, then a multi-zone amplifier and 4 speakers is probably the way to go.

So it depends on the lay out and the budget. There's more than one way to skin a cat. If you can let us have more details, that would help. Thanks.

Reactions: matthewpiano

JasonCrei

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Normally you would have two speakers, as stereo gets muddled with four. However a lot will depend on the layout of the room. If everyone is sitting the same distance away, then great. However if you want to have people listening 10 feet away and another lot listening in the kitchen 30 foot away, then either the 10 footers go deaf or the thirty footers don't hear anything. If it's the later situation, then a multi-zone amplifier and 4 speakers is probably the way to go.

So it depends on the lay out and the budget. There's more than one way to skin a cat. If you can let us have more details, that would help. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your response and I think I have the answer. A muti-zone was recommended to me but I wanted to double check with the experts.

Reactions: jjbomber

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts