Speakers "CARS" Response

RobSys

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi all...

I have a pair of Theophany Pusche speakers (ex-demo) and I asked for some details of them... The manufacturer replied with...

"They go from 31hz to around 27khz -3db. The bass/ midwoofer goes from RS to around 2600 hz. There is a very nice new mod to them that improves the cars response of the tweeter and removes some of the top end aggression."

I'm wondering about two expressions he used, "RS to around 2600 hz" (I think that's the cross-over frequency) but "cars response of the tweeter" has me stumped...

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Rob20220702_091611.jpg

RobSys

Jul 22, 2022
Visit site
No idea at all here either, Rob! Sounds like an auto-cucumber to me, my friend’s witty take on auto-correct!

There is very little chance a speaker that size is only -3dB at 31Hz either, so I guess it might be designer’s hyperbole in action, unless they are active with DSP - see KEF LS60 for comparison.

They spell it Psuche!
The speakers are quite massive; apparently made from 1 inch thick MDF and are ported underneath (and above the black base. They are definitely not self powered! I use a (self powered) B&W ASW300 sub to complement the bottom end...

(Sorry about the misspell...)

The speakers are quite massive; apparently made from 1 inch thick MDF and are ported underneath (and above the black base. They are definitely not self powered! I use a (self powered) B&W ASW300 sub to complement the bottom end...

(Sorry about the misspell...)
Yes, they look pretty chunky. I must confess I’d never even seen the brand name before, but then when I realised they hail from NZ I underwood why.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts