and a NAD C320Bee amp. I bought some relatively mediocre speaker wire at the
time, with the intention of replacing it soon, but didn’t get round to it till
now.

Ive been looking around and am totally lost as to what I
should get. My budget is fairly small, and as my speakers are on stands near
the amp, I reckon I only need 1m wire length for each speaker (although there
is the bi-wiring issue).

Please could someone point me in the right direction? I
listen to lots of different types of music so would want a good all rounder.
Also advice on whether I should bi-wire or not would be great. I was intending
on bare wiring unless it’s a good idea to do otherwise. Ideally something I can
get hold of easily, online or in hi-fi shops would be great too.

Thanks in advance!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi - 1m per speaker sounds like it could be slightly limiting in future... perhaps go 1.5 of 1.75m to give you a bit of flexibility (if you have to trim ends at any point, or if you need to re-organise your room a bit).

Not sure what your actual budget is, but Chord Carnival (about £6/m gets good reviews).

A

Anonymous

Hi Big Aura

Thanks for the advice, especially on the wire length, I never thought of that! Ill look into the Chord Carnival.

Any thoughts on the bi-wiring situation? Is it worth doing at all?

Thanks

Missy

John Duncan

I found bi-wiring made an improvement, yes, when I had biwirable speakers. I happen to have a three metre pair of Atlas biwire cable that you can have for nothing if you like - it's just cluttering up the house.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've bi-amped at the minute (using my (previously) unused zone2 / additional surround terminals to beef up my front left/right on my AV amp) and think it's better. Previously I bi-wired, and didn't find any difference, but then it was a cheaper system then.

I'd take JD's advice, and generosity. He's a clever lad; he works here.

I don't work here.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:I found bi-wiring made an improvement, yes, when I had biwirable speakers. I happen to have a three metre pair of Atlas biwire cable that you can have for nothing if you like - it's just cluttering up the house.

Very smooth Mr D, very smooth....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Not smooth at all, self-preservation - "if you don't get that ------- cable out of my house I'll wrap it round your neck". And nobody wanted it on fleabay.

Ah. Very wise Mr D, very wise...!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Not smooth at all, self-preservation - "if you don't get that ------- cable out of my house I'll wrap it round your neck". And nobody wanted it on fleabay.

Damnit man! I've just bought 10 metres of generic OFC 79 strand stuff from B&Q for my electric kit. I needn't have splurged that £8!!

;-)

John Duncan

Big Chris:JohnDuncan:Not smooth at all, self-preservation - "if you don't get that ------- cable out of my house I'll wrap it round your neck". And nobody wanted it on fleabay.

Damnit man! I've just bought 10 metres of generic OFC 79 strand stuff from B&Q for my electric kit. I needn't have splurged that £8!!

;-)

Well missybee is resisting my free cable overtures thus far, so you might get lucky.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts