SPEAKER UPGRADE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI, WHICH SPEAKERS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TO BE THE BEST PARTNER FOR PRIMARE PRE 30 AND PRIMARE A31.2 POWER AMP SET UP? THE A31.2 HAS 120 WATT PER CHANNEL.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
sorry,just read your list of componnents.proac's are nice speakers or pmc's.i would imagine you have a hefty balance but there are so many to choose from.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"]No idea on your speakers, but just a word of warning - don't use CAPS. People on forums see it as shouting and are less likely to respond.[/quote]

who decided that using caps was shouting? some politically correct nitwit with not enough work to do no doubt. Caps or no caps, all the same to me.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"][quote user="professorhat"]No idea on your speakers, but just a word of warning - don't use CAPS. People on forums see it as shouting and are less likely to respond.[/quote]

who decided that using caps was shouting? some politically correct nitwit with not enough work to do no doubt. Caps or no caps, all the same to me.[/quote]

No, it's just a Web convention that is quite handy at times.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
Nice set up and what is wrong with the Dali? if you want to spice them up a bit try Neat Acoustic.
[/quote]

The Dali Mentor 2's are great speakers, but I feel that my system is capable of a better sound/perfomance. I must admit that I love my music loud and I feel the dali's strugle at high volumes i.e they start to sound bright.
I also would like more bass to my music so should I be considering Floor Standers?
My budget is £2000.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="DJ_ROLANDO"][quote user="Thaiman"]
Nice set up and what is wrong with the Dali? if you want to spice them up a bit try Neat Acoustic.

[/quote]

The Dali Mentor 2's are great speakers, but I feel that my system is capable of a better sound/perfomance. I must admit that I love my music loud and I feel the dali's strugle at high volumes i.e they start to sound bright.
I also would like more bass to my music so should I be considering Floor Standers?
My budget is £2000.[/quote]

I've got the same kit including speaker cable and inter-connects and have had a pair of Leema Zyp's for the last 3 months and a Quad L sub hooked up with them,I love the sound ,I get excited about getting home to start playing stuff.

If I could accomadate floorstanders I would get a pair of Leema Xone's,it was hearing these that convinced me I had to have Leema speakers,I had a pair on demo within 4 days of 1st hearing them.

A

Anonymous

Hi there
Have same set up but with Dali Helicon 400 mk1., puchased from Audiogica under £2000. Might just be the sound you are looking for.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="DJ_ROLANDO"]HI, WHICH SPEAKERS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TO BE THE BEST PARTNER FOR PRIMARE PRE 30 AND PRIMARE A31.2 POWER AMP SET UP? THE A31.2 HAS 120 WATT PER CHANNEL.[/quote]

Before deciding on my dali's, the next best thing was pmc ob1.........I nearly bought those until I was blown away by the helicons, so the pmc's are worth a listen with your kit. I agree with you, the weak link in your set up is the speakers, and they are fine speakers so that is saying something. What made you have those in the first place?.....did you demo them with your other kit? Upgrading within the dali range is always an option, I have found them to match well with primare. Check out second hand focal speakers too.

A

Anonymous

DJ ROLANDO..........I will be disappointed if your response is in anything less than CAPITALS ;) As long as a message is coherent and respectful, surely nothing else matters? EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD SATURDAY NIGHT! (Ok, I'll stop shouting now)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I only have lowly Dali Ikon 6s but they are wonderfully musical and chilled. Try ProAc for more verve as I have some of those too and the character is completely different. Living room is mellow, kitchen will be more alive. Best of both worlds.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]I only have lowly Dali Ikon 6s[/quote]

Nothing lowly about them Joel ;)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Compared to the Helicons they must be, but I struggle to see how they could be much better.

The ProAcs are far more upfront and they will be used in the entertaining room ie the kitchen/diner/breakfast room and they will also work for when we have BBQs near the kitchen doors. Can't wait.

Living room is the chill zone and for that the Ikons are ideal. Listening to Back to Mine by Everything but the Girl now and it's just dreamy.

A

Anonymous

Funny you should say that.......had mj cole's back to mine on a few days ago.......and yes, I was surprised by the helicons too, but the ikons have little wrong with them also.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Sam Srivastava"]DJ ROLANDO..........I will be disappointed if your response is in anything less than CAPITALS ;) As long as a message is coherent and respectful, surely nothing else matters? EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD SATURDAY NIGHT! (Ok, I'll stop shouting now)[/quote]

Hi, To be honest, I find typing in capital letters much easier as I dont have to keep on hitting the caps lock key every so often. lol. Didnt realise I was going to cause such a stir! In regargs to why I chose the Dali Mentor 2's was the fact that I did demo them with my kit, and was very impressed with them. But now i seem to want something more better with greater authority and power, as I love my music extremely loud. After reading all the reply posts, im thinking I shall demo the Dali Helicons 400, the model below your Dali Helicons 800 I think? They are £1000 above my budget so this is the problem I have at the moment. Might wait a couple of months to get the funds for them. I could get these for less but I prefer new equipment rather than ex-demo / used.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts