Question Speaker upgrade to Tannoy XT6F or Triangle Borea BR08 or Focal Chora 826

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lyricman

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
I sent email this morning querying warranty etc. and tried to phone!! Got email back with Invoice and delivery notice for 1643628053885.pngtomorrow morning.. efficient or what!!

lyricman

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
Damn wish I hadn't gone on that site, they have a pair of Wharfedale 4.3 speakers for £699!! Now got a dilemma of Triangle for £799 or the Wharfedale for £699!

lyricman

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
Be nice if you could hear them both, as according to reviews, there's likely to be quite a big SQ difference.
Yes I would like to hear them both, unfortunately my local dealers are only doing Internet sales and no demos. Maybe they will start now restrictions are being lifted.

lyricman

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
Received the C268 this morning and can confirm that the unit is brand new and all the sellotape sealing the box was original and inside was all brand new :):):)
Just hooked it up and sounds good out of the box!!

Thumbs up to Sevenoaks (y)(y)

Reactions: Al ears and Gray

lyricman

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
Decided to take the plunge and bought the Borea BR08. Got them on Friday and connected them up and I have got to say I was very disappointed and underwhelmed. Sounded very soft, dull and certainly not punchy or exciting. Clarity and sound not even close to the Tannoys :confused::confused:. I have been running them in and hopefully they will improve but don't hold out too much hope.

lyricman

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
Yes will have to persevere. Have them 40 cm from rear wall and 2 mtrs apart, sitting 2.5 mtrs away so shouldn't be far off. They sound better today (y) . one thing you can maybe advise, I have always tried to have the tweeter at ear level but these are taller than the Tannoys so my ears at the mid range speaker level. Should I consider angling them down to give a straight path to my ear level?? I have them toed in 37cm one side and 41 cm on other side .

lyricman

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
Yes they have spikes + a plinth and I have 1.5" Granite slabs under them. I am going to try and pack the rear spikes up to tilt them down and see if it makes any difference.
Left it on all day and they are definitely getting better so maybe won't sell them after all :)

I’ve had all day with mine too, setup on granite also. What I found that really helped was to have the spikes create a decent gap between the base of the speaker and the granite.. dunno why, but it really made a big difference.
I’ve found mine going through mini phases of sounding veiled in the mids, then all of a sudden getting a huge improvement, in kinda waves. so, I’ve had moments of brilliance then periods of wtf!
I think the mid drivers are still very tight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts